Please show me your 1.00ct/1.50ct Micropave Round Halo e-rings!!

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
1061 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I don’t really have much advice on how to bring it up… Fiance and I had a pretty open conversation about rings and what I wanted/didn’t want.  I basically chose the rough setting and he chose the shape and size of the center stone.  At this point, it already isn’t a surprise!  You just need to weigh the value of a total surprise against getting what you want.  I decided that since I would wear the ring forever, it was worth forgoing a bit of the total surprise.

And, I’m not gonna lie, I would be hesitate about spending $5k on something from a guy in Indonosia that I had never met.  I tend to be more trusting of local jewellers or even reputable online retailers, where you have the option to return after having the ring appraised.

I have a round halo setting and my ruby center stone is the equivalent size of about 1 ct.  I wear a size 5.25.

Post # 4
5423 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

I don’t have that style ring so I can’t post on that.  However, I did tons of research on diamonds to help Fiance (men are so clueless) and I know round stones are quite expensive, since the way they are cut adds sparkle thats obviously highly desired.  My ring came from NYC diamond district since I wanted here in philly was just more than Fiance wanted to spend.  I don’t know where your located nor your man’s budget but the jeweler my ring came from sells very well cut and gia graded round 1.5 stones for 4-5k, the setting is an additional cost.

Maybe you should go “window shopping”?

Post # 5
1934 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I agree with pp about being a little hesitant.  You’ve never met the guy, so definitely do some background checking.

Mine is a 1.25 carat center stone (I wear a size 5.25 ring) – but it’s a “hearts on fire”, which is definitely not cost effective.  For some reason, my Fiance fell in love with it when he looked at it under a microscope.  People always think it’s way bigger than it is.  I love it!

Good luck and congrats!!

Post # 6
3142 posts
Sugar bee

I don’t know your BF’s financial situation but no wonder he is worried how he is ever going to afford your Ering. Thats a lot of money for some people!

Maybe go for something smaller with the idea that you guys will upgrade down the road.

I would def take the pressure of him!

And as for the Indonesia guy? Unless he is local and you can go to see the merchandise, please don’t do it!!

Post # 7
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Post # 8
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

wow sorry those are huge!!! tried to show you a few of my ring… last one is with my band… my center stone is 1.53, TCW 2.2, and i wear a size 4.5!

Post # 9
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Buying diamonds online significantly decreases their price. Diamonds are pretty standard – and most online places have amazing return policies.  

Also, have you considered moissanite?  You can get a huge rock that LOOKS like diamond, but won’t cost a lot.  it’s beautiful. Try

Some of the best diamonds online sites are (i got my e-ring from adiamor) and a cheaper online place where they have more I1 stones is (i am getting my wedding eternity ring on here). 

Buying an engagement ring CAN be a lot of money.  Moissanite, and buying online, can significantly decrease the price. 

Post # 11
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

This is the worst quality photo ever. I’m sorry! I hope it helps anyway. It’s a 1.5 carat center on a size 7 finger.

Post # 12
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2009

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors