please take #145 off the list- we broke up

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1662 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@giovanni19:  I’m so sorry for this turn of events. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and you’re going to land on your feet. Good for you to take matters into your own hands. Often, waiting for a proposal is so very difficult because of the control we give up. You have that back now. Onwards!

Post # 4
1178 posts
Bumble bee

@giovanni19:  I’m super happy you had the guts to end it with this guy. If a man is worried about losing you they will MAKE it happen. Good on you to recognize that!

Post # 5
2052 posts
Buzzing bee

@giovanni19:  I am sorry to hear about the turn of events as well.  I just read your previous story you posted, the comments and this one as well.

I REALLY appreciate you sharing your story.  It hits close to home for myself.

Keep your head up, stay strong, and happy early birthday.

Post # 6
2311 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I read your other post and I have to say that you are an amazingly intelligent and go-getter woman. I am glad you have given up on him.

He may be apprehensive abt getting married again so soon especially when his first one didn’t work out. (3.5 yrs is not long enough for him to start feeling comfy with the idea of marriage. For now, I will skip the details on why I think that.) He may have lost faith in the institution of marriage. Having said that, I would have much rather preferred that he had expressed these feelings to you instead of trying to become something he is not just to make you happy. Because end of the day HE will be miserable. Especially him of all people because he is past 34. If he learned anything from his failed marriage, it should have been the art and importance of GOOD communication.

I feel that if men learn to communicate their feelings in a more adult way, they would have far less problems and heartaches. Otherwise they leave a lot of room for miscommunications and assumptions on the part of us women. We can’t read your mind. And we shouldn’t have to either. 

Post # 7
265 posts
Helper bee

I am so sorry!  However, it sounds like you are very content with your decision, so that’s all that matters.  I cannot say that I blame you for your decision.

Post # 8
4468 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@giovanni19:  It sounds like you have a positive outlook- good for you! You deserve someone who wants the same things as you do and will try their best to make you happy. All the best to you- hopefully you meet a wonderful guy soon:)

Post # 9
496 posts
Helper bee

I am sorry to hear your news but proud that you were able to make this decision. You always have to do what is best for you. 

Post # 10
10219 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

To @giovanni19:  First off (( HUGS )) cause it is always tough to come to the realization that something is over… a chapter in our lives has closed.

BUT I will not mourn for you

As the other post clearly shows you are NOT THE SAME PERSON you were at the beginning of that topic

His Lost, plain & simple.

Enjoy YOUR NEW LIFE… and the new year on the horizon.

Mr Right is out there… there is a good chance now that all this “mess” is behind you, that you’ll be able to find each other in the not to distant future.

Keep living the life you want… keep being the AMAZING WOMAN… and it will happen.

— — —

PS… I believe in Karma… Sh!t happens for a reason.  You had doubts about moving to this new location as I recall.  It happened because I truly believe this is where you will meet Mr Right.  If all this hadn’t happened, you two would never meet.  You’ll look back in the future and actually be THANKFUL that you saw the light when you did (that is how I feel even after the horrid crap I went thru to get my Divorce… without all that… ALL THIS would never have come to be).  The GOOD can definitely outweigh the bad.

Post # 11
5808 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

@giovanni19:  Sorry you are going through this, but I know you will come out stronger and better than you already are. You go girl!!

Post # 12
584 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Good for you for being so proactive and independent! I’m really impressed.

Post # 13
425 posts
Helper bee

This must be so tough for you, and you are a very brave woman to be walking away from the relationship. HUGS

Post # 15
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@giovanni19:  i agree with the other bees – you sound so brave and strong – so many people stay in relationships that go nowhere for an incredibkly long time – i really admire you for having the courage to walk away 🙂

Post # 16
451 posts
Helper bee

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Go out and have a drink in your new city on your birthday.  I know it’s going to be hard spending the holidays alone but there is really no better time to meet new friends.  People are more sentimental and kind at the holidays.  I’d be more comfortable starting up a conversation with a group of girls this time of year.

But so – I’m sorry how your relationship ended, but glad it didn’t take another 3 years of dating to find out.  🙁

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors