(Closed) Plus ones & not invited to cousin’s wedding?

posted 7 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
3182 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I would just say no, I think you are right that you don’t want to cause drama.  I do think it’s strange you weren’t invited, but when people do that I think they understand (or should understand) that not extending that extra invite means that some people might not come.  

Post # 4
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I think calling might be the best solution. According to etiquette, you absolutely should have been invited along with your Fiance, but it seems that the bride may just be forgetful? And I would worry that a note might seem passive aggressive and leave a bad taste in everyone’s mouth. Perhaps your Fiance can call her up and casually mention that it didn’t look like you were included on the wedding invitation and that, given that the wedding is out of state, he’s not sure he would want to make the trip alone. She might extend an invite, or at least explain why you weren’t included (though I agree, you definitely should have been). That way, you’ll have all the info and then you both can decide whether or not to attend the wedding. I hope you get this figured out!

The topic ‘Plus ones & not invited to cousin’s wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors