(Closed) Pocket Squares & Boutonieres???

posted 8 years ago in Grooms/men
  • poll: Pocket Squares & Boutonieres???
    Both Pocket Squares & Boutonieres : (9 votes)
    33 %
    Pocket Squares Only : (5 votes)
    19 %
    Boutonieres Only : (13 votes)
    48 %
  • Post # 3
    2459 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 2010

I have no idea can you find pics of someone wearing both?

Post # 4
    2889 posts
    Sugar bee

We also decided both would be too much and my FI finds boutonieres to be annoying (flower too close to his face) so we bought fun pocket squares for all of the guys to add to their tuxedos.

Post # 5
    1757 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

My metrosexual fiance, who knows more about men’s fashion than I do, is uncertain but thinks you can do both. At the one formal wedding I’ve attended recently, the groom wore only a pocket square and his groomsmen wore neither bout nor pocket square.

Post # 7
    259 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

We are using the same tuxes and going with both.

Post # 8
    230 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2009

I’ve read that you usually wear one or the other, not both together…it looks really busy.  There was a link on a Martha Stewart thread at one point to “pocket bouts”…kind of an interesting, unique idea if you want to do something different:

http://www.flowerchat.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/698/ppuser/2059

It’s said that a pocket square is great for a suit or morning jacket (similar to what your wedding party will wear).  I couldn’t find a good picture of a tie/bout/pocket square combo like what your guys might wear, only with a bowtie.  I think the bout only or pocket square only looks clean. 

[attachment=607996,79256] [attachment=607996,79257]

Post # 9
    454 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2011

I think when it is done like Sadie posted with a small bout it is most capable of putting them together. I personally see the pocket squares as a nice way to be different for the groom who hates flowers or has allergies.

Post # 10
    342 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

I personally like the pocket square best, I just think it looks so classic and clean.  That, and my FI hated the idea of wearing flowers, so pocket squares it is!  

The topic ‘Pocket Squares & Boutonieres???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors