(Closed) Poll: Wedding Ring & Luck

posted 8 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Do you think it's bad luck to wear the wedding ring before the wedding?
    I only wore it once when we purchased it : (17 votes)
    45 %
    I never put it on before the wedding..I'm too superstitious : (2 votes)
    5 %
    I wear it when he's not around...I don't think it's bad luck : (10 votes)
    26 %
    something else... : (9 votes)
    24 %
  • Post # 3
    10218 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: November 2010

My luck is so um interesting I wouldn’t tempt it :D… that is whenever i get my engagement ring lol!!! So only at the store for me ๐Ÿ˜€

eta i’d so take a picture of it though so i could show y’all ๐Ÿ˜€ and love and daydream!!

Post # 4
    7976 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

I don’t think I’ll wear it, but not because I think it’s bad luck. That’s silly, IMHO. I don’t believe luck exists ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t expect to wear my wedding band before we’re married because of what it will symbolize. I want to relish being engaged for what it is – I’ll have the rest of my life to wear the wedding band and be married; engagement is a short and precious time. Embrace it!

Post # 5
    573 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

Well,  I don’t think we’ll have mine around the house before we’re engaged b/c it is being custom made and our jeweler isn’t going to make it until a few months before…

But I think I would TOTALLY try it on when my FI wasn’t home.  I’m not that supersititous though!!

Post # 6
    14186 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2009

What?! Pshaw. I’m not superstitious. I wore mine a couple of times. I had to make sure it didn’t need to be resized…=]

Post # 7
    1111 posts
    Bumble bee

Luck and I aren’t the best of friends.  I don’t need to give it any more reasons to kick me in the bum.

Maybe I would try on one similar, but not *the* wedding ring.

Post # 8
    522 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2010

I think superstitions are silly. I tried my band on with my e-ring a few times the day I bought it, and I will be putting it on again soon to take some pictures of it. But then I’ll put it away until the wedding.

Post # 9
    682 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I don’t believe in any of that stuff either.

Post # 10
    588 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2010 - Philippe Park

I try it on occasionally, once every 3 or 4 months, I don’t see what the harm is. I’m not superstitious at all. Black cats are my favorite kind of cat. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 11
    3332 posts
    Sugar bee

I don’t really believe in good/bad luck.  I only tried on my ring at the store when I was checking the size, but it’s only because the resizing took a while and I didn’t have it too far in advance before the wedding.

Post # 12
    401 posts
    Helper bee

I put it on every now and then just cause I like to see the set together :O)

Post # 13
    476 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

I’m not worried about bad luck, but I still have never even seen my ring.  I just want to be surprised on our wedding day.

Post # 14
    576 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2009

I wore mine the day I got them, and that was it. I’m not superstitious, I just didn’t want to get used to wearing them because I wanted to be really happy and excited about finally getting to wear them when we got married!

Post # 15
    539 posts
    Busy bee

We are using a diamond band, my fiance gave me a few years ago as my wedding band, so I wore it for 3yrs prior to being engaged. I have put it away for now, but not because I am superstitious, but just heard should only wear your engagement ring while engaged, and then add your wedding band at your wedding. I put it on now and then just to see it on my hand w/ my engagement ring, but for the most part keep it tucked away until I bring in to get saudered

Post # 16
    1189 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2010

I don’t have mine yet because my 2 wedding bands are being custom made.  When they’re done, there will only be a month or so left before the wedding and I’ll just wait to wear them until my wedding day, after trying them on at least once of course!

The topic ‘Poll: Wedding Ring & Luck’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors