(Closed) (possible TMI?) 31 weeks & still no colostrum??

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
4327 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

@MaggieGirl:  Try not to worry too much. Your body will know what to do when the time is right.

Post # 4
3 posts
  • Wedding: June 2011

hey, mother of 3 here nope you have not a thing to worry about my sister and i were pregnant with our first babies together due 1 day apart she started leaking i promptly freaked out and sent her to the doctors lol. turned out it is normal either way I have leaked in one pregnancy none of my others and successfully breastfed all three.

Post # 5
2095 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I just gave birth a few months ago and I never leaked during my pregnancy and have had no problems breastfeeding. My son is a super eater and nurses every hour and is gaining weight by the second. Just remember that everyone is different.

Post # 6
255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I’m only 28 weeks, but haven’t leaked yet. That said, (and naturally, TMI) if my nipples are squeezed the right way, some will come out then. So I’m sure its there, just thankfully isn’t leaking for you.

Post # 7
3773 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: December 1999

With my first I didn’t have any until after delivery. With my second I started around the 5th month. Each pregnancy is just a little different, it definately is not an indicator of milk supply.

Post # 8
127 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I just read that part in “What to Expect…” and it’s perfectly normal.  Some people have it some don’t.

Post # 9
3363 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I will be 33 weeks in a couple days and I have nothing yet either.  🙁

Post # 10
9029 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m 32 weeks and havent seen any colostrum either. Its totally normal. Most pregnancy books and OBs will tell you that while some people might leak some colostrum before the birth,  not everyone will.

Post # 11
959 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

I’m 38 + 5 and other than a tiny tiny crusting of yellow on my nipple, I haven’t leaked anything. I’m only mildly worried… I hear our bodies will know what to do and are producing the right stuff whether we leak while pregnant or not. 

Post # 12
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I’m in the same boat.  34 weeks, and a whole lot of nothing.  Also, my boobs barely grew during pregnancy.  I’m a little concerned, but everything I’ve read says it’s normal.  We shall see in a few weeks…

Post # 13
2695 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

I never had any, nor did I know you were supposed to until just now! breastfeeding went great for us, I had colostrum right away (After a c-section), my milk came in on time, my son was exclusively nursed for 4 months and thrived.  Don’t worry!

Related: I did take a breastfeeding class prior to birth and went to a breastfeeding support group after, and those DID help a lot 🙂

Post # 14
2821 posts
Sugar bee

Try not to worry.  Some women have leaking before baby some women don’t.  I didn’t have much (and no leaking) and not till soon before baby and breastfeeding went fine.

The topic ‘(possible TMI?) 31 weeks & still no colostrum??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors