(Closed) Possibly Scammed by Light In The Box… Out $150 :(

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
857 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Honestly, i’d give it the 15 days. Any business deals with a processing company, so even if a refund was processed on one end, it may take up to 30 days for it to go through the bank and get to you. Crazy, right? But it is, sadly, the way it is.  Just be patient, give it the 15 days and if it still hasn’t reversed, then contact your bank. 

Post # 5
3697 posts
Sugar bee

I’ve dealt with Light In The Box and found them to be reputable – even to the point where they refunded me for an item and *didn’t* require me to ship it back. I know it’s tough to wait, but give it the time the PP suggested. I don’t think you’re getting scammed.

Post # 6
3574 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I don’t think you were scammed.  I have bought from them before.  If they refunded it yesterday, there is no way you’d see it in your bank account until 3-5 business days pass.

Post # 7
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

It takes them a few days to get the refund processed.  I ordered a dress but realized that I had entered a wrong measurement so I cancelled and had to reorder.  I did get the refund but it wasn’t immediate.  🙂

Post # 10
533 posts
Busy bee

Take a deep breathe. Seriously doubt you were scammed. Even doing refunds at work, money doesn’t just show up instantly. Banks don’t like talking to eachother. Be patient, it’ll show up. 

Post # 11
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@MissFireFlower:  I answered your PM.  You’ll get your money refunded.  🙂

Post # 12
5007 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m having a problem with them too!!! I ordered two dresses and want to return them and they are claiming I got custom orders when I really just clicked “size 2” so they won’t return them. I might have to go through my credit card company to get the charge reversed. So not happy…

Post # 13
Hostess
7561 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

That’s not a scam, it’s just the annoying process of refunds. Hopefully your money will be returned soon! 

Post # 14
7904 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

Sales go through instantly with banks, but refunds take forever. I think you just need to wait but that everything will be fine.

Post # 15
990 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I had this issue with a vet and it was an honest mistake. the guy thought he processed the return right and then it was determined he didn’t. Jump through the hoops and it will be fine. After that time period you can always let the company know, they sound as though they are responsive which is good.

The topic ‘Possibly Scammed by Light In The Box… Out $150 :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors