Post-a-Thon Chat Thread 2/8/2017

posted 1 month ago in Weddingbee
Post # 2
3524 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

We just ordered Chinese and I’m getting things done around the house.  Cleaning, laundry, etc.  Feeling like an adult today, that’s for sure!  But mmmmm Chinese…can’t wait for it to get here!

Post # 3
493 posts
Helper bee

Ordered Thai, I now have leftovers for tomorrow, which is good because there’s supposed to be a major snow storm. My current project is my search for shoes to wear to my wedding. Have a loooong time til November but I’m slow to make decisions.

Currently looking for a shoe with a heel no higher than 2 1/2, that’s also made in a size 11 and isn’t $200…

Post # 4
Hostess
9938 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

hey everyone!!

DH and i just finished Stranger Things, now i’m just chilling on the couch.

Post # 5
Hostess
994 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I’ve been cooking lots of healthy whole grains and fish and veggies lately and I think my hubs is tired of it, so we are having a steak night. I’m making BLT wedge salads, roasted fingerling potatoes, sous vide and seared tri-tip, and broccoli. 

We have about 20 min left on the steaks because I started them late today. And I am sooooo hungry! 

nowthisistaken :  Thai food sounds delicious! My wedding shoes were from Seychelles. They make comfortable, stylish, under $200 shoes and I think some of the styles go up to 11.  Sometimes I’ve seen them marked way down at Modcloth or Urban Outfitters too. 

Post # 6
34 posts
Newbee

Ate cheese toast for dinner because my SO is out asking his friend to be best man at our wedding (!!!) and I do not eat like a grown up when I’m alone. 

I spent all day doing science and talking to DJs/florists/officiants so now I’m just hanging out under a heated blanket and watching the Mindy Project. 

Post # 7
2038 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Ruby Princess

My husband made chicken korma and rice and we are watching Taboo. I will torture them with Big Fat Fabulous Life later (my stepson actually loves it too, so we’re just torturing husband). 

I had a presentation today that went ok and I’m just glad it’s over.

Post # 8
315 posts
Helper bee

Its 2pm here, on the 9th and I have taken the day off from science. My fiance is out of town for work so I am curled up on the sofa with the cat finalising details with my wedding coordinator. I am supposed to make a chicken laksa for dinner but theres a good chance im just going to eat tomatoes on toast, because I also dont eat like a grown up when im alone!

Post # 9
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

Hi everyone! I just got home from work (NYC –> LI bee here) and hoping for the maximum amount of snow tomorrow so I can work from home and hang out with our chihuahua. Bring it on! 

Post # 10
34 posts
Newbee

partyof2 :  How much are you guys supposed to get? In Boston we’re supposed to get over a foot! My work and SOs have both already cancelled for tomorrow.

Post # 11
1009 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

sparklebee83 :  every weather app I have says something different, 6-9 or 8-12. Kind of a big difference lol but we will see. My job is usually pretty flexible when it comes to things like annoying commute days. 

Post # 12
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

I had a long day- up early for a workout, 7 hours of driving and just had a small dinner.

Our wedding is around 44 days away I think, so also while multi-tasking today I 1) Booked a horse drawn carriage grand exit for our reception and 2) Ordered a custom made Etsy Instant film guest book. We are kinda combining a DIY photobooth with our guestbook. 3) I also got another decline in the mail for our RSVPs and thats really starting to bug me. My mom had a crazy list of relatives I don’t know really and it still just bothers me getting a decline RSVP in the mail…Im worried people wont show up : (

Post # 13
315 posts
Helper bee

Mls1988 :  People will definitely show up, dont worry. I understand though, I hate the negative responses even though I actually want as small a wedding as possible. I remind myself I get to eat the cake of the declining people

Post # 15
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

altaira :  Ugh I know. I knew we were sendng invites as a formality to some, so we did “adjust” the number of invites to hit our minimum venue mark..But still. When I get a “decline” I can’t help but feel slightly offended. I dont know why lol. I didnt expect to have that feeling.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors