(Closed) Post your 2013 Allure pics please!

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
302 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@maiathebee2013:  After what felt like an incredibly long dress journey, I finally pulled the trigger last week and purchased the Allure 9018 (not one of your choices but in their 2013 line). The beading and lace on the dress had me the moment I saw it.

I also tried on the 8901, but it has no lace so I’m not sure that you’d like it.

The ballgown style wasn’t very flattering on me as it is on so many brides. 

You said you’re going for a lace-vintage look, have you looked into Pronovias at all? They’re around the same price as the Allures, maybe a little more expensive, but their lacework is unlike any other in bridal. They look so much more expensive than they are. I was almost a Pronovias bride, but I chose a discontinued style and then fell head-over-heels for my Allure, but they’re something to consider for the look you mentioned.

Best of luck and let us know how the trunk show goes!

Post # 4
846 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

this isn’t me (i don’t have any good pictures of me in the dress yet because the lighting was terrible on my phone when i tried it on) but this is my allure dress. i ordered mine in ivory over light gold and it’s gorgeous!

Post # 5
302 posts
Helper bee

@mrs_brownie:  I also ordered mine in the light gold over ivory! It’s so gorgeous and different!

Post # 6
1282 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

Heres my allure.  Its not one of those styles you wanted to see but it has lace!  I love the allure lace.  I believe its actually trademarked and no one else can make anything with it……

Post # 7
33 posts
Newbee

The lace tiered dress, c243, is beautiful.  It was a little too heavy for my venue and probably would flatter a taller person than me.  I am about 5’3″.

Post # 8
391 posts
Helper bee

I didn’t end up with this dress but you posted a stock photo of it. It’s Allure C243. I’m (almost) 5’1″ and unless Allure does hollow-to-hem dresses I don’t know how you shorten this and keep the layers. I’m on my tiptoes in this picture, no shoes. It was $2225 I think.

Here’s the same dress with a belt.

Post # 9
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Not one of your dresses, but I recently just ordered the Allure 9024 which is from their new spring collection.  Here are some pics!

Post # 12
317 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2018

Post # 13
12 posts
Newbee

@luverly7:  I’m also 5’1″ and I’m having the hardest time finding a dress! I fell in love with the Maggie Sottero Adalee but I don’t know how they could shorten it without losing all the lace at the bottom 🙁 Have you had any luck with other lace mermaids?

Post # 14
216 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

heres my baby!

Post # 15
391 posts
Helper bee

@SMClark23 – I bought Monique Lhuillier Bliss BL1304. It doesn’t look like it in the stock photo but it’s an all-lace trumpet dress. I *almost* bought Hayley Paige Cricket, another all lace dress that is trumpet/mermaid-y (more mermaid than trumpet).  

Post # 16
719 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - South Bonson Pier & Community Centre

I wish I was allowed to take pics! Commenting to follow.

The topic ‘Post your 2013 Allure pics please!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors