- 3 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
It’s cold and dreary in Ohio and I have been in the mood to make some soup! I’m always looking for new (healthier?) recipes. So post your favorite soup recipes!!
First up this week for me is this Buffalo Chicken Chowder recipe. They just opened up a new Melt restaurant in Columbus and I am obsessed with their soup! This looks pretty close to what they serve
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour (rice flour for gluten free)
- 3 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- hot sauce to taste (I used 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot sauce)
- 1 large yukon gold or other boiling potato, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, add the chicken and saute until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Mix in the flour and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and deglaze the pan.
- Add the hot sauce and potatoes, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix in the cream and blue cheese and remove from heat when the cheese has melted.