Post # 1
Are there any bees out there that have to/ want to postpone their honeymoons? If so, what made you make that decision and where are you going? 🙂
My FI and I were planning on going on ours right after our wedding and just as we were ready to book it, something more important was in need of our HM funds . I have to admit I was a little bummed at first at the thought of not going right after the wedding, worried the “newlywed” feeling would be lost if we went later on, but now, if and when were able to take one – Ill be thrilled! Now with more time to do some research, where would you suggest going?
Post # 3
We are postponing for about three months. We are getting married two months before I complete my masters, and I can’t afford to take off another week or two during the semester. I graduate in the middle of May, and we will be taking our honeymoon about a month after that.
Post # 4
We aren’t going on ours until 5 months after the wedding. We want to go to Costa Rica and October is a horrible time to go there(rainy season). Plus, postponing has taken away a huge chunk of stress for us with our DW planning. And gives us more time to save up for the honeymoon.
At first I wasn’t too thrilled to wait, now I’m very glad that we will. One of my cousins did the same after they married and he says it was the best decision they made honeymoon wise.
Post # 5
We’re going in October. It’s really hard for me to get days off work, but I have 2 days off in October so we’re using those days for our honeymoon.
Post # 6
We’re planning on going about 2-3 months after the wedding. We don’t want to leave it too late in case of pregnancy or something, but I do like the idea of getting married, then having a bit of space to get used to it, then being able to renew the excitement with a honeymoon.
Post # 7
We’re postponing about five months. We are having a DW but never factored in any type of mini moon in there. One of the reasons we decided to wait was money. WE didnt want to spend soo much at once. Also we want to go somewhere seasonal and didnt want to go in winter. The last reason were waiting is because we will both have more time off from work,