Pray for me… it's going to be 40 C/104F today and I HATE heat :(

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
7997 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

Lol it’s going to be -30C here tonight… it’s -18C and plummeting now.

I’d kill to be in +40. I love that kind of weather, yet am stuck in Canada. Life is cruel.

Post # 5
8678 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I was born and raised in the desert… heat is no big deal. At least to me. Stay out of direct sunlight for too long and drink lots of water.

ETA: Running cold water over your wrists is a common way I was taught to cool down. Cold rags around your neck/wrist and backs of your legs will help. It cools the blood as the veins are closer to the surface of the skin there.

Post # 7
2460 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@canarydiamond:  +1 to all of that!

Vegas in the middle of the summer is my version of pure heaven!

Post # 8
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

If you think humidity in Melbourne is bad, don’t ever come up north in summer! I lived in Melbourne for a few years and loved the dry heat in comparison to the humidity in Brisbane.

Post # 9
10748 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Yuck! I hate heat as well. Anything 25+ is really just too hot for me, unless I’m on a beach near the water. 

Post # 10
2115 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@goingtotherooftopoflove:  I’m trying to feel bad for you, but with the cold over here your weather sounds heavenly.  I understand that it will probably be very hot though.  Bring lots of water!!!

Post # 12
10748 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

@goingtotherooftopoflove:  Hahaha me too. I figure I’m like an amphibian in that way… the comfort range is about 17-23 for me, and otherwise I’m freezing or overheating. Can’t regulate my body temperature!

Post # 13
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

-9 degrees F here. #firstworldproblems

Post # 14
1468 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@goingtotherooftopoflove:  Fellow Melbourne bee here 😉 So I AM feeling the heat. To make matters worse at our work today the air conditioning decided to stop working. I have kept myself cool only by pouring cold water down my back from my drink bottle lol! Not pleasent! Hope you are coping!

Post # 15
2073 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

it was -38 Celcius here last week…. while I don’t relish the idea of 40 degree heat, I’d prefer +40 to -40 anyday… But if you have to be outside working in it, i feel for you.  It gets that hot here in the summers too, and it can be brutal if you dont have access to air conditioning

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors