Post # 1
My poor puppy got into some left over hot chocolate while my Darling Husband was in the bathroom (she climbed up on top of the couch to get to it on the bar). He thinks she dranks about 1/4 cup of it and she only weighs 11lbs, the vet has said just to watch her. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, she’s totally our baby so if something happened to her we would be devestated! Thanks bees!
Post # 3
aww poor baby! I think she will be fine though, my brothers puppy ate half a bag of M&M’s and I mean the BIG bag and she was fine 🙂 I wouldnt worry too much, just keep at eye on her!
Post # 4
Oh no! I do think she’ll be okay though. 🙂 Ours got into a chocolate bar and ate about 1/3 of it between the 2 of them before we got there. They were alright. 🙂
Post # 5
Hot chocolate type “chocolate” is not likely high grade chocolate enough to cause any harm.
I had a little guy eat an entire advent calendar once and when I called the vet they said most “regular” consumer chocolate isn’t high enough quality to do any harm.
I understand your worry though, try to stay positive!
Post # 6
Watch out for things like lack of coordination, muscle spasms, or falling for no reason (really serious-take her to the vet). You can probably expect some vomiting and runny poop (not so serious, take her outside). If her tummy is upset tomorrow, don’t give her regular dog food. Give her some plain (unbuttered, unsalted) white rice and some boiled chicken.
Honestly, that little bit of chocolate probably wouldn’t hurt her though, I think you’ll be ok 🙂
Post # 7
She should be fine. Was it HOT hot? I would just watch for GI upset.
Post # 8
I will pray for you guys and her! But I’m sure she will be ok! My puppy has got into our entire stash of easter chocolate, and eaten 7 Kahlua chocolates and everytime she has been okay. Needless to say we’ve learnt to eat chocolate very fast in our house because both times the chocolate was up pretty high when she got it!
Post # 9
Update: She is totally okay, didn’t even have stomach upset, woohoo! Sad news is, she got a cold (which I didn’t even know dogs got regular colds- she’s our first dog), so one problem after another, poor puppy! She is sooooo congested and sneezing a ton, but we took her to the vet and they said its just a little bug and she should be fine and they gave us an antibiotic. So thanks bees for helping give me peace of mind!
ETA: the cold is totally unrelated to the hot chocolate!