(Closed) Predictions: What do you think will be the HOTTEST trends for 2010??

posted 8 years ago in Beehive
Post # 3
2365 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Short Wedding Dresses

Return of the Wedding Veil … short and Bird Cage- especially nice with a shorter dress!

Grooms Cake!!!

Favors that are good for the environment

Homemade favors

Post # 4
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I think dressed down and less elaborate weddings are going to be a trend, along with untraditional bridal parties.

Post # 5
2344 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Rustic is really in style right now, so I think it might start swinging towards a more city-chic look, but refined, pared-down and modern. Think the “Summertime Brunch” wedding on SMP – I thought that wedding had a beautiful, fresh style.

Post # 6
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

• Cake Buffets
  • Smaller Bridal Parties (like with one witness each)
  • Shorter dresses (I agree HymanRoth!)
  • No favors 
  • Less flowers

Post # 7
5755 posts
Bee Keeper

Actually,there’s really nothing new,as everything usually comes full circle (unless it was really horrible to begin with). The trend so popular now of mismatched BM dresses is something my Mother was embarrassed about in her own wedding. Different times ,yes, but she was happy the pictures were in black and white so it wasn’t as obvious they were all wearing something different.

Dessert and pastry buffets have been popular for over 30 years (they used to call them sweet tables) ,and birdcage veils for at least 50. I had fresh flowers on my cake 30 years ago and wore no veil ,carried silk flowers and had just one attendent.

The only thing that I’ve seen that’s really different in weddings is wearing colored shoes (and I like it!), candy buffets and photobooths.

I love that brides try their best to make their own weddings unique,but there isn’t all that much that makes them very different….except for the people! :o) After awhile,you’ve pretty much seen it all.

Post # 9
2470 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@smyley – well, yes, you are correct that most things aren’t “new” but that’s not what the post is about. It’s about what’s trendy and “in” which is usually an evolution of some sort anyway.

Post # 10
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

* Green Weddings

* DIY scaled back weddings  

Post # 11
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I LOVE the idea of colored shoes!!!

The topic ‘Predictions: What do you think will be the HOTTEST trends for 2010??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors