- 3 years ago
- Wedding: June 2014
Dear bees, I have a big dilemma… I am getting married in 10 months and it is time to choose the maid of honour..! I have two close friends, let’s name them A and B.
I skew towards friend A as my bridesmaid, since I feel closer to her and we talk about my relationshi as well. The only thing is that she is trying to get pregnant right now and I worry that she might be very pregnant/giving birth close to my wedding and not only not able to hep me, neiter organize bachelorette and the issue of pictures/stealing the spotlight.. I am very happ for her but I also worry that having a baby might not be a good combination with being a MOH.
Let’s point each friend’s pros and cons.
– the closest friend, we call each other often and hang out
– already married so she know about planning the wedding
– more wealthy, so planning bachelorette etc would not be a financial burden for her
– will stay in the area we live, so potentially friend for life
– she has many other best friends but I do not mind because she is sweet and a very good person
– POTENTIALLY PREGNANT ANY TIME!
– already married (also a “pro”), but the maid should be prefereably not married. however the man of honour would also be married, so it is not really a “con”
now the second friend:
– second to the closest friend, but more as a classmate
– asking her to be MOH she would also plan nicely and with enthusiasm
– we do not often hang out, but see each other in class
– she likes me but sometimes I feel she talks about herself often
– she used to have this one best friend for a long time and discontinued a friendship because that girl had a bad effect on B, and now they try to be BFF again, so I feel like that girl is always number one
– if she is MOH, it would be a financial burden for her because of being a student
Please give me your thoghts! The only reason I am not second-guessing my choice of A is becuase she might get pregnant any time and then possibly flake on my ceremony/wedding or just being pregnant would make her less interested in my wedding or we might become more distant…
I think to wait for the next couple of months (weding is in 10, so maybe 4 more) and then ask A if she is not pregnant to be my MOH. If she is like 5-6 months pregnant it should not be that bad… But if 7 or 8 then yes it is a problem.
Do you think I should talk with her and tell her my concerns? I already told her she will be in my wedding party, but I still think whether to choose B or A.