(Closed) Pricing for Bridal Hair & Makeup (and Bridesmaids)

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
638 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I live in a very rural area in MI, so the price is probably not even close to what you will have to pay, but here is what I’m paying:

Bridal hair:  $20 trial / $35 day-of (I have short hair, so it’s not a full on up-do)

Bridesmaids hair:  $35

Brides makeup:  $25 trial / $50 day-of

Bridesmaids makeup:  $35

Hope that helps a little. Good luck finding someone! I know that was a major point of stress for me…thought I wasn’t going to be able to find anyone I liked and would just be blah looking for my wedding. 🙂

Post # 4
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My girl is charging $250 for hair and makeup with a trial before the actual day so that we can discuss preferences and so that I can see how I like what she does.

For each additional person it is $100 for makeup only. They’ll be having their hair done before we go up to Charlottesville, VA for the wedding. 

Post # 5
10288 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

WAYY more than I wanted to!

Bride Hair:

Trial: $40

Day of: $85 (includes on-site services)

Bride Makeup:

Trial: $60

Day of: $150 (includes airbrush and on-site services)

Bridesmaid Hair:

Day of: $60

Bridesmaid Makeup:
Day of: $75

ETA: This is for Upstate, NY (The Adirondack region to be exact)

Post # 6
3574 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Northern NJ/NYC

Bride Hair: 150

Bride Makeup 250

Trials were $75

Bridesmaids Hair: $75 each

Makeup: $75 each

Post # 8
2512 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hair for us is $35 (I am not getting a trial)

Make up is $90 for me and $75 for the girls 

Post # 9
1890 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

This was the pricing for my hair/makeup team in Baltimore–they came out to where we were getting ready:

Bridal Hair Trial $30
Bridal Make-Up Trial $30
Bridal Air-Brush Make-Up Trial $80

Hair $165
Make-Up $110
Air-Brush Make-Up $170

Bridal Party:
Up-Do’s and Blow-Outs $80 per person
Make-Up $70 per person
Air-Brush Make-Up $130
Flower Girl (9 and under) Hair $40
Flower Girl (9 and under) Make-Up Complimentary Glitter and Lip-Gloss
Eyelashes (strip or individual) $45

Post # 10
5110 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2011

I dont live in your area, but I found that bridal packages were cheaper here then doing everything serparately. I found a package that was hair, makeup, mani and pedi for 125 plus tax and gratuity. Trial for hair was like 50 and makeup was 40. But because more than four people were booked with these packages, I get a free hair and makeup trial. Really awesome I was happy when I went to book and she told me that!! Anyways that was the best deal that I found.. I did a lot of shopping around lol That would be my best suggestion for you is to do your homework.

Post # 11
1506 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

In Boston I paid the following:

Bridal Up Do: Trial $35, Day of $90
Bridal Make Up: $40

Bridesmaid Up Do: $60
Bridesmaid Make Up: $40

I would think in PA your prices would be similar or slightly less.

Post # 12
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

Our wedding is on the Maryland Eastern Shore, but we are paying Baltimore-DC metro prices. The hair and make-up team will travel to the bridal suite to do everything.

Bride airbrush: $200 for trial and day-of

Bride regular: $170 for trial and day-of

Bridal party airbrush: $85

Bride: $200 for trial and day-of

Bridal Party: $85

TRAVEL FEE (because I am more than 30 miles from any major-ish city): $75

Post # 13
887 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I am in Los Angeles. This is my hair/makeup studio’s pricing breakdown. http://blog.kellyzhang.com/?page_id=2102

Edit: hair/makeup is my splurge. I want to make sure my girls, my mothers, and I all look fan-freaking-tastic that day. =)

Post # 14
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I had my hair and make up done in the Midland, MI area.

Make up: Free trial!

I also paid to have 6 of my 7 bridesmaids’ make up done and the grand total including mine was $150.  My make-up artist came to the hair salon and did make-up while girls were waiting for or done with their hair appointment.  

Hair: $40 for an up-do – there was no price difference whether you were a bride or a bridesmaid.  We went to the salon because there were 8 of us all together so we pretty much just booked the whole salon for a few hours.  It was great because everyone was in one place and we had cocktails and snacks while everyone was getting ready!

All in all I think I squeeked out doing pretty well. Ask friends and collegues for recommendations- especially for the hair because they can give you prices without having to make a ton of phone calls to different salons.

I also went with a freelance make up artist.  She works in the make up department at a large store but does her own work on the side, so that may have been part of the reason she was so affordable.

Good luck!

Post # 16
1192 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I am having my wedding in Vegas and having a stylist/makeup artist come to our hotel room and do our hair and makeup..

Bride: $ 120 + 15 for Airbrushing = $135

Maid of Honor for both hair and makeup = $120

Mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom  both are only $ 50 for hair..

The place I hired might send out two stylists that day… but they have great reviews and I am super excited.

The topic ‘Pricing for Bridal Hair & Makeup (and Bridesmaids)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors