(Closed) Pro pics are in! Check em out! 11.5.11

posted 6 years ago in Recaps
Post # 3
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

I don’t think you’re crazy.  I can see why you’re a bit disappointed, but nonetheless, you look absolutely beautiful.  Congratulations!

Post # 5
9483 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@TheFutureMrsLamkin: D’aw, stop. =) Your welcome.  Which ones did you like the most?

Post # 6
282 posts
Helper bee

@TheFutureMrsLamkin: I think they look great! I can understand why you’re a little dissapointed, but as a photographer’s assistant I know first hand how challenging photographing a wedding can be. However, that IS his job, and if he’s going to charge high prices his pictures should be high quality. If you really think more editing should be done, maybe you can contact him and tell him specifically how you’d like them to look, or request the other photos that he didn’t incude. I don’t know if he’d do that for you, but it’s worth a shot!

But either way you looked beautiful, your wedding was beautiful, and your pictures are beautiful! Congrats!!!

Post # 7
201 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

i agree your pics could of been better on behalf of the photographer. one thing im big on while im searching for my wedding day photographer is when im looking at their portfolio if they have alot of shots that dont show peoples faces good because it looks like the shot is too far out. thats a big no no with me! πŸ™‚ but overall the happiness of your day and being with family made your pics great! 

got to ask:

1. did you diy your bouquet? it is lovely! 

2. whats the name of your dress …love it!

Post # 8
2697 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I wouldn’t be crazy about them, but I am head over heels for our photog, so my expectations may be a bit high…

Post # 9
11290 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@TheFutureMrsLamkin: I can see why you feel like you do. I wonder whether it’s because he’s lowered the quality as it’s the proofs and they’re on-line. You can see though that everyone is enjoying sharing your special day with you and the weather looked perfect, I wouldn’t want to get married in November here in the UK.

Sorry you’re disappointed.

Post # 10
7312 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast

They look like the the usual/traditional wedding photography photos to me. There’s nothing glaringly wrong with them, but there’s nothing exceptional about them either. Did you give your photographer a shot list, or did you assume that rings on the finger and the centerpieces would be done automatically? Did the rest of his work look similar to this?

Post # 11
7609 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Can I just say that I love your shoes and the back of your dress!?  Wowzers, girl!

The pics looked ok to me, but I’m far from an expert (and I didn’t look through every pic).  If you know how to edit them, that sounds like a good solution!  Wish I knew how to do that! πŸ™‚

Post # 12
3241 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@TheFutureMrsLamkin: Wow, your photographer was fast in returning photos. You and your hubby look very happy! I love your dress and shoes! Congrats! πŸ™‚

I think you have some good shots in the proofs. My photographer had some missed shots as well. It bothered me at first, but in giving things some time and looking back over the photos of the day, she did catch excitement and emotion of the day.  In my opinion it doesn’t look like he chose the best backgrounds for some of the indoor photos, but not knowing what other options were, maybe he did. In some of the indoor shots he has some really strong shadows from the flash and some of the lower light photos look slightly blurry, which I would not be happy with either. I think you should talk to him about the photos. Maybe there are other shots that he didn’t include in the proofs and/or some editing and cropping that can be done on some of the photos. It’ll be ok. πŸ™‚

Post # 13
861 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Congratulations!  I think you looked amazing.

I totally agree with the above post by “mousegirl” in that the backgrounds of your pictures may not have been the best choices-both indoor and outside.  The backgound often took away from the photograph rather than enhanced it.  Like the ones in front of the house of you and your folks.  The house looked pretty but it seemed to over power the images and take the focus away from the people.  Same thing with the dress shots…the room took away from the dress-like that big mirror in one of the pics.

Sorry that you were disappointed. I was disappointed in my photographer as well but honestly, I think we tend to look at the pics with a much more critical eye because they are so important to us. The average person would look at them and say…”wow, these a beautiful!”

Post # 14
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

You look so beautiful and happy in these pics! But you are right, none of them are very “edited,” so they don’t look super professional.

But you are also right that they don’t suck. Congratulations on a beautiful wedding!

Post # 15
1289 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

You looked stunning! I do agree, though, that they don’t look professional.  I think it’s the framing.  I’m sorry πŸ™ but you looked beautiful and so happy! 

Post # 16
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I think you look great, your hubby looks great, and you look like you had a wonderful day πŸ™‚  I would be happy with the pics, but from the sounds of it – the price was a bit too high… (The photographer we have chosen takes amazing pics, but is a little on the cheaper side for our area so I am not expecting anything too extravagant, but will be happy no matter what because of the price….)  Either way ~ you guys looked amazing πŸ˜‰ 

The topic ‘Pro pics are in! Check em out! 11.5.11’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors