Post # 1
Hi guys! Two quick questions – and in case it’s relevant to any of these questions, I am having a Jewish wedding.
1. I want my bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle in pairs, arranged by height. Do they typically walk by tallest first, shortest last…or vice versa (shortest walks first, tallest walks last)?
2. Do the MOH and best man typically walk together or separately?
Post # 3
It depends how you want it to go when they are standing at the alter. Do you want tallest next to MOH and BM outwards to the shortest or vice versa?
– the people standing farthest away from the bride and groom walk first.
– MOH and BM walk last because they are closest to you!
– I would think if the rest of the WP is walking together so would the MOH and BM!
Post # 4
Thanks for the tips! Not sure what looks best…should the shortest ones typically be closest in toward the bride/groom, with the tallest out on the end? I would think that looks better. Or does it look better for shortest to be on the outside, with tallest people closer to bride/groom?
Post # 5
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wedding party arranged by height before. I always see the MOH/Best man closest to the bride and groom (and they typically walk up the aisle together). I’m not sure how the bride determines how the others stand though. If you’re dead set on arranging by height, I think tallest to shortest, with the tallest closet to the bride/groom, would look best.
Post # 6
BostonBee – sorry if that was confusing. The MOH and best man will definitely walk last, right before me.
When I asked about the ordering by height, I was referring to the rest of the bridesmaids and groosmen. Does that still seem weird? How else do people typically arrange the lineup of BMs and groomsmen? I have 7 BMs and 7 groomsmen!!!
Thank you so much for your input!