- 8 years ago
- Wedding: July 2015
I haven’t gotten anything off my registry (hello, changing wedding date, hehe) but I am a total kitchen gadget geek, so I thought this might be helpful! I’m going to list a few of the really good and really bad things that may appear on your registry. And things i’m curious about: those measuring cups that are adjustable… let me know about those.
1. Set of 10 or 12 biscuit circle cutters… these are A-Maz-ing. I love them for everything, and while I don’t use them daily, they are great to have!
2. Greenpans. I don’t know if you’ve heard of these, but supposedly you don’t have to use oil or anything to prevent sticking. They’re popular at places like Target, Sears, etc… everything they say has been LIES. Stay away from these pieces of crap because they scratch, chip and constantly need replacing (after about 4 months). Only good thing about them? Nice, heavy lids… oh, and I think they can go from stove to oven. Maybe.
3. Henckels knives. I am of mixed opinion on these. Fiance and I bought a couple about two years ago and they were the good quality ones. They are very nice, but it seems like they need sharpening constantly. I don’t plan on going with these for the rest of my life, but they’re ok for now.
4. a stick blender. Mine was like $16 from Target and when making guacamole, soups, butter or whipped cream, these are genius! If you’re registering at a place that has some cheap ones, go for one. You won’t regret it.
5. The Keurig. Ugh, this seems like a registry staple to some people, and I don’t understand why! The k-cups all don’t seem that great to me (sometimes stale) and the one that you can put your own coffee into is very hard to clean. My dad took it to work after it was passed around to everyone (and no one wanted it) and that seems to be the only place it’s liked, since everyone can have a different type of warm coffee whenever rather than old coffee.
And that’s my take on those! Share yours, please!