Project Beach Bod 2014!

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
  • poll: Are you trying to get in shape right now?
    Yes! : (84 votes)
    94 %
    No! : (5 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 2
    333 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2014

Good for you! If you need a workout buddy or someone to keep you on track, I’m here I just restarted today after a two month break 🙂

Post # 3
    4043 posts
    Honey bee

I am coming off a two week binge on sugar…and it is rough. I am simply starting by limiting my sugar intake (can’t quite go cold turkey). My goal is also to just “get to the gym” or “exercise.” No longer term plans yet. I have found if I can make a habit out of it and just part of my routine, I am more likely to stick with it.

Post # 4
    4998 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

Hey! Taking it one day at a time is good but keep an eye on the prize. Doing x number of workouts per week or cutting back on processed sugars isn’t an unachievable goal, you just have to prioritise it if you see that as your path to a healthier body.

Set goals for each day, each week and for the time until your trip but make them realistic ie eat less than 30g added sugar a day, do 30 minutes of exercise five times a week (brisk walking counts as well as something more formal), get more than 7 hours sleep a night five days a week.

If you find something you enjoy, it makes it much easier to stick to. I don’t tend to worry too much about sugar but I aim to eat 125g+ of protein and 25g+ of fibre each day because I know I’ll feel less hungry.

Anyway, I’m still trying to tone up a bit and learn to like myself. I’ve gone from a UK size 16 (US12) to a size 8 (US4) and I still feel fat and flabby (and before anyone pops up saying “skinny fat” I’m doing all the things anyone ever suggests to combat it, I’m just not there yet).

Post # 6
    155 posts
    Blushing bee

Count me in ladies – I’m in need of motivation.

My goal is to just get into the gym every day and not let my SO’s eating choices affect my eating choices.

What are your favorite workouts?

Post # 7
    4441 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

fvsoccer:  I can commisserate!  I’ve been doing well keeping with my workout plan by joining a club and going to class 3-4 times/week but holy cow how it was wrecked my schedule (and gas expenses)!

I’m doing pretty terribly with eating though, my husband says I need to get more calories, I know I need to get more water but I’m a picky eater with no cooking ability.

I’m off to class at 530 after work and hopefully will have a health dinner after that! 🙂

DiamondsandViolets:  I enjoy Tabata/HIIT.  If you’re looking for fitness videos try Fitness Blender on You Tube, they are amazing!  The biggest thing my classes have taught me is that you CAN get a good workout in in 30 minutes.

Post # 8
    946 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I love being a part of fitness forums that are active! I’m in the process of losing weight. I weigh in on Thursdays so I look forward to that each week. As of last week I’ve lost 11lbs in 6 weeks. I’ve been doing the 30 day squat challenge too, midway through that. I really want to lose 30lbs total.

Post # 9
    1613 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

fvsoccer:  I definitely think it’s a good idea to take it one day at a time, then you will feel motivated each day. I think it’s more positive, because then you aren’t dreading the workout the next day already, you’re just happy you completed your workout for today. I’m on week 2 of Insanity, hoping to stay motivated too!

Post # 10
    3420 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

fvsoccer:  good for you! Setting attainable goals is important! I’ve been hitting the gym since January (thank god for my gym buddy) and it feels good, and I can see I’m getting stronger just not loosing any of that stubborn belly fat…boo lol So I’m trying to watch what I eat, I go on a cruise in May so I’m hoping to shed a few lbs before hand 🙂

Post # 12
    946 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

fvsoccer:  My husband thinks he can see results so far. I took before pictures so I am interested in comparing them to the 31st day of the challenge to see if there is any real result. I do think I have smaller love-handles, so it could be a combination of the squats and treadmill. I do like the challenge though. It makes me feel better after a workout to do squats. I have 150 to do today!

Post # 13
    466 posts
    Helper bee

I’ve lost 8lbs in the last month and I’m pretty pleased with myself.  I have an office job that requires me to sit on my bum everyday, for like, 9 and half hours with a one hour commute on either side.  That’s a ton of sitting!!  Just looking at food was making me gain weight.  

I’ve been running for about 8 months, but it wasn’t enough to combat my sedentary job.  So, I severly cut calories and started cycling everwhere I could.  If I need to go to the grocery store, I have to bike.  I eat a salad everyday for lunch with no dressing and a small piece of bread.  For breakfast its a small cup of cottage cheese and a coffee.  It sucks particularly as I work in an area with amazing and delicious ethnic food, and I am a total foodie.  

However, getting on the scale and noticing a large drop is enough to keep me motivated for now  As is the thought of me in a bikini this summer.  At my current weight, I’d be unhappy and self concious…  Plus my SO says he can see a difference, and was complementing me that I was toning up.  That totally helped too!

Post # 14
    1710 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2016

I’m currently bulking at the moment but I have a powerlifting competition in May which I will have to diet for (starting in a week’s time) in order to hit my weight class. Only want t lose 2-3kg, which is not a lot. I’m going to then be doing mini bulk/cut cycles. It’d be nice to get some aesthetic features. So hopefully I will lean out a bit at least! Just need to be consistent with my cardio when I am cutting, but I detest it so much… 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors