(Closed) Project Wedding & wedding websites….

posted 7 years ago in Technology
  • poll: Wedding websites. Yay or nay?
    Totally having a website - I went with a free provider (eg brides.com, project wedding.com) : (15 votes)
    71 %
    Yes, but wanted ours to be very special so payed/am planning to pay for ours : (2 votes)
    10 %
    No, not needed for our wedding (why?) : (4 votes)
    19 %
  • Post # 3
    1403 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

I have a free one, put the link on all my save-the-dates, and got barely got any visitors.  Maybe my family is just low-tech.  If I were to do it all over again, I wouldn’t even bother with the website.

The idea of the wedding website is still very new.  Although a lot of brides have websites these days, most guests aren’t expecting to be told to go to one.  However if you have lots of young OOT-ers on your guest list, you’ll probably get a lot more visitors than I did!

Post # 4
    3316 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

My wife developed ours.  It was not free, but the hosting cost was only about $10 a year, and we were able to do a lot more with it.

Our friends are disproportionately geeks, and our RSVPs were online only.  That pretty much ensured that all our guests would go to the site at least once.

Post # 5
    3564 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2010

We aren’t having a website. At first, I was all about having one because I saw soo many cute ones, and I thought they were really helpful, provided tons of info, etc. But I honestly didn’t have the time/motivation to make one, so I asked FI to do it. And that never happened, lol. So we had to decide about it by the time STDs went out, and he was just like, “Ehhh let’s bag it.” So we never ended up doing one, which I’m okay with.

Post # 6
    3226 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

We don’t need one…we’re having a tiny wedding of just family and a few friends. 

Post # 7
    13102 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

I also had a ton (almost all actually) OOT guests so I made a free website and put the link on the Save the Dates.  Almost no one has even visited it.  I definitely wouldn’t spend money on one considering how little traffic it will actually receive.  Many of the free sites (we used mywedding.com) allow you to do a lot with their templates and really customize them.

The topic ‘Project Wedding & wedding websites….’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
    I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors