Post # 1
Hi Girls!! I am so in love with Finisterre! It is so unique and classy. I want to know a few things because I have not been able to try this dress on since the local dealer in my area does not carry a sample.
1. Is this dress comfortable?
2. Were you able to get a bustle put on this dress and how does it look?
3. How much were the average cost of alterations?
4. Was your seamstress able to hem this dress or did you order it shorter? I am only 5’7.
I am so in love with this gown! Thanks in advance for your answers!
I also noticed the La Sposa makes two similar gowns has anyone gotten those?
Post # 3
@Dsquared: Hey there! I ordered my finisterre in march and it’s not coming in til August, but i’ll do my best to answer the questions for you.
1. the dress is SOOOO comfortable! easy to walk in, and it looks GORGEOUS with the train, btw.
2. the tailor from the bridal salon i got it from is planning on doing two bustles, one for the mermaid one and another for the overlay. don’t know how much that’s gonna cost me though.
3. n/a, but they said to expect about $500ish.
4. The bridal consultant i had suggested we do a custom hem (because i’m only 5’4!) and that cost an additional $200 on top of the price of the dress. well worth it though in my opinion.
Hope that helps!
Post # 4
Thanks for responding. I already got my gown. I am hoping a moderator can close this thread. ?