(Closed) Pull the trigger and say “yes” to the dress? VW351007

posted 6 years ago in Dress
  • poll: "Yes" to the dress?
    Yes, it's fantastic, order it now in a size 4.... losing 5 lbs is nothing! : (8 votes)
    9 %
    Yes, it's fantastic, order it now in a size 6. Better safe than sorry. : (12 votes)
    13 %
    It's great, but wait until you've tried on more dresses to make a decision. : (54 votes)
    59 %
    Eh. I don't think it's for you. (Explain/suggestions) : (18 votes)
    20 %
  • Post # 3
    3261 posts
    Sugar bee

I think it looks nice on you, but I personally would wait until I shopped around more if my wedding was 18 months away.

Post # 4
    1359 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I would quickly, like next weekend, go try on as many dresses elsewhere as you can. If you haven’t found anything you love more, go ahead and buy this dress.

Post # 5
    9483 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: October 2012

If you have to ask, then I think you should take your time and continue to look.  =)

Post # 6
    57 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

You look gorgeous! I personally went shopping one year to my date and thought I had found my dream dress but then thought rushing into it might not be the best idea (for me) so I went another day, tried lots of dresses on and I’m so glad I did. I found my DREAM DRESS, the dress I didn’t want to take off and everyone could tell. If you can go within 2 weeks and try on a bunch more and still have this dress available then I would suggest doing that, but that’s just me. It’s all about how you feel in the dress, and only you can really know that.. the smile you have tells alot though.

Post # 7
    392 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I agree with the above bees in that you should go and try on as many different styles and gowns asap. I’ve been engaged for over 3 years and bought a dress a few years ago as an impulse buy, it was the first and only dress I tried on. I tried it on again a few months ago and didn’t love it, I then tried on some different gowns and fell in love with a beautiful dress. Sometimes it is risky buying a dress with quite some time before the wedding.If you still love your dress after trying on others then put the deposit down 🙂

Post # 8
    138 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

@inspiredcreations:  If you have ANY doubts, DON’T do it! I carelessly bought a dress on my first shopping trip and I really regret it. I wish I had waited and tried on some more dresses because I have since found a couple i LOVE and my current dress is so blah. It was on sale and off the rack, so like you, I thought I better snap it up and now im stuck with a dress I barely like. I suggest trying on many more dresses and in styles you haven’t even considered yet and then thinking about buying the one in your pic. Your wedding is so far away that I wouldn’t rush into it just yet. My wedding is 14 months away and I certainly rushed it and it is now a huge regret so I wouldn’t want you to make the same mistake! 

Post # 10
    2725 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

FYI if you order at the DB store they will tell you it takes 3 months but everything I’ve ordered there has come in super early, like within a month. I really wouldn’t worry about them running out of your size.

Post # 11
    2442 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

What kind of shopper are you?  Are you going to keep looking at dresses after ordering it or are you going to thank your lucky stars you found it so quickly and be done with dress shopping?  Some hate to shop.  Some love to shop.  Think about the kind of shopper you are what you’ll be doing for the next 18 months and make your decision based on what you know about yourself.  

Post # 13
    2775 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2010

It’s pretty, it suits you, and you look very happy in it.  But I think 18 months out is too early to commit to a dress, especially since DB doesn’t have a lengthy turn-around time.  Keep looking.

Post # 14
    4887 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

It’s way too early to be buying a dress, IMO.  I’ll be completely honest as well and say that I think you can do better, regarless of your budget.  

Give it another 8 months and start looking when you’re a year out.  Everyone will be able to deliver in a year, and styles that are new right now will be on sale with all kinds of other new dresses being rolled out.  

Post # 15
    336 posts
    Helper bee

I say go for it! 

Post # 16
    331 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2017

Definitely wait!! 18 months is a long time. You may find a dress you love even more and the dress regret then will plague you. Even if this current one gets discontinued, there will always be other beautiful dresses around. Believe me!

The topic ‘Pull the trigger and say “yes” to the dress? VW351007’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors