Punta Cana destination wedding July 2015. Any advice on resorts to pick…..

posted 2 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 2
10840 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

joacevedo15: Hey welcome to Weddingbee! I’m sure someone will be able to help you here. Good luck with your plans.

Post # 3
13 posts

Dreams LaRomano and Dreams Punta Cana are both beautiful resorts! I have seen lots of weddings at these locations and all were beautiful! Service is impeccable at these resorts!

Post # 4
10 posts
  • Wedding: January 2017

I’m having the same problem! I’m going out there in January and have a list of 10 (yes TEN!) places that I really like from the photos. Dreams is what originally drew me to Punta Cana in the first place – photos are just stunning and reviews are equally amazing. Thought I’m wondering if I can get my costs down a bit. I have been in contact with the coordinators there by email and they seem nice but I am having trouble getting anywhere near firm pricing. It really is tricky when dealing with a resort versus separate vendors. My choice places are:

Dreams, Secrets, Hard Rock, Paradisus, Gran Bahia Principe, Iberostar, Excellence, Now Larimar, Majestic Elegance and Breathless. I also may stop by The Jellyfish but I was not impressed with photos or pricing I have seen from them. 

Are you taking a planning trip? I would like to get everythng done in that one trip but can go back a second time if required. 

Post # 5
1878 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

no destination wedding advice but I just got back from our 1st anniversary trip and we did grand iberostar bavaro and were very happy  – I really liked how all 3 (4?) resorts were connected and you could have family/friends stay at the resort that fit their budget but still all be close and connected. We really like walking on the beach so it was nice to have all the sister resorts in a row so you could just grab a drink at any of the bars (we were in the top resort so not sure if this is true if you are in the more economical options)

the location was really nice and the staff was really nice – better than the other AI we have been to (Royal Hideaway – though I would give a TINY bit better marks for the food and actual location/room etc – I though it “looked” fancier but I did like the cabanas at iberostar better)

Some people we were with had been to excellence and they said they loved it but its a hike from the airport (to the point that they ended up getting a helicopter back!) but they say with the new highway it isn’t so bad any more? (the 12 miles to iberostar took us about 45 min)

Post # 6
1247 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’ve heard fantastic things about the hard rock. It was recommended to me by a coworker before I decided on jamaica. Hope you were able to narrow down the search. I was also completely overwhelmed with the research and so happy that I don’t have to do that anymore!!! 

Post # 7
2 posts
  • Wedding: March 2015

We just booked the Chic by Royalton in Punta Cana… looks like it will be a really cool new adults only spot. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors