(Closed) Purple & Red Weddings

posted 7 years ago in Themes
Post # 3
7296 posts
Busy Beekeeper

i was totally wanting to go for those colors, but when it came down to it, i didn’t like what i was coming up with. i totally love both those colors, but i think in the end i am sticking with purple and white.

oh and before i decided not to go with purple and red, i bought a red ring pillow which i am in love with, so i will still use it.  and i will likely have purple chair ties at my ceremony with red silk rose petals scattered along the aisle. other than that, i took out my red ideas, which were the following:

1) i had a sample bridesmaid bouquet i had considered (now i will be getting ivory bouquets with purple ribbon) – see pic below, if you are interested in it, PM me!

2) i have lavender votive candles for my centerpieces and i considered scattering red flower petals on the table, but instead i think i will go with dark purple, since i like the contrast of the light and dark purple. (the pic below was just a trial and i always thought the petals were too bright).

Post # 4
7296 posts
Busy Beekeeper

i do love that second bouquet you posted – that had been one of my inspiration pics.  and i think when i get to my resort in Jamaica where i am getting married, i will ask for purple and white flowers with a couple of red accent flowers.  so i guess red has become my accent color as opposed to one of my primary wedding colors.

Post # 6
14317 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m trying to have a red and purple wedding also.  I’m thinking of doing a simple centerpiece – something like the one pictured here and then have red/purple tea lights and petals.

Post # 7
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

This is my paint mock-up of my tables.  Red orchids in the tall cylinder, purple and cream callas, and purple hydrangea in the small cylinder (yes, that’s actually a picture of my venue, haha)

Some of my favorite inspiration boards:

Haha, sorry, I had circled my favorite aspects of them.  And this is my latest inspiration board:

Post # 8
1909 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

When I went to my florist and I asked her about navy blue, she suggested purple lisianthus. I am so much in love with it that I changed my colors πŸ™‚ Here are a few examples I found on google for purple lisianthus and red rose bouquets…good luck!

Post # 10
1909 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@MSomar: After I posted, I was thinking the same thing…especially to go with a white or ivory wedding gown πŸ™‚

Post # 11
7296 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@MSomar:  the ring pillow i have is a deeper red, not like the flowers you see above. i think it is the brighter red i don’t like!  like you said, its dark red and dark purple that go together.  i did try looking for dark purple votive candles, but couldn’t find any, and i already bought the lavender ones so i figure i will work with them!  AND my BM dresses are lavender, so even dark red bouquets doesn’t really go, thats why i opted for the ivory bouquets for them with purple ribbon.  as for the flower petals on the ground, i am not sure how dark i will go because they will be on the beach and i don’t want them to look brown. this is my inspiration pic for my ceremony setup, except i might add the purple chair ties. or i might just save the chair ties for dinner. not sure yet.

and thanks for the comment about my dress!!! its pretty cool to get a complement on my dress when i didn’t even post it in this thread!! πŸ™‚

Post # 12
7296 posts
Busy Beekeeper

i just did a search for the kind of bouquet i  had in mind now and found this

Post # 13
46160 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I say be bold and go for what you love.

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple

With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me.

And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves

And satin sandals, and say we’ve no money for butter.

I shall sit down on the pavement when I’m tired

And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells

And run my stick along the public railingsAnd make up for the sobriety of my youth.

I shall go out in my slippers in the rain

And pick the flowers in other peoples’ gardensAnd learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat

And eat three pounds of sausages at a go

Or only bread and pickles for a weekAnd hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry

And pay our rent and not swear in the street

And set a good example for the children.

We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?

So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised

When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.

by Jenny Joseph

Post # 15
1537 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m doing a purple and red wedding! We’re sticking to really deep, rich jewel tones though. Our BMs are wearing a dark almost burgundy wine red dress with silver/grey shoes and accessories with purple and red bouquets. We’ve accented many things with the purple. I wanted to stay away from lighter reds and purples because I think it looks like the red hat ladies lol.

Here are some examples:

Something like this with purple flowers included…

Purple like this…

I like this contrast of colors too..

http://weddingchicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/purpleweddingideas1.jpg

Just some ideas πŸ™‚ I will look for my inspiration boards when I get home!

The topic ‘Purple & Red Weddings’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors