- 3 years ago
- Wedding: July 2014
I put down a deposit on my dress back in October and today I bought another one…I know. I’m THAT bride.
When I first visited the bridal salon, I tried on so many dresses but it came down to two dresses. Both were A-line/ballgownish with a tulle skirt but one had a beaded top and the other was a lace top. After trying them on many times and trying to make my decision, I ended picking the Maggie Sottero Esme dress and put down the deposit. It was definitely a show stopper kind of dress and I thought it would just add a wow factor to my fairly simple wedding.
Literally the next day, I had buyers remorse. I kept thinking I made the wrong decision especially since I’m not the type of girl that wears such flashy and glamorous dresses. Plus, I’m having a garden wedding. What was I thinking? The dress wasn’t the right choice so I planned to call the bridal salon the following day (since it was Sunday and they were closed) to ask if I could change my order.
I called Monday and the girl said I would have to talk to the owner but she was out all week. So I scheduled my appt. for Saturday that week (one week from my visit). All week I couldn’t sleep thinking they wouldn’t let me change my order and that I would be stuck with this dress. I had so much anxiety.
I arrived on Saturday and they had me try on the Maggie Sottero dress again. They kept saying everything for me to keep the dress. I felt so much pressure and would ask them what happens if I want a different dress. They wouldn’t give me answer but would continue to pressure to keep the dress. After being so frustrated, I decided to leave and just keep the dress. I was hoping that I would get over it.
I continued to feel so unsure about my dress and finally decided to go back in December. I just really wanted a different dress and didn’t want to just settle anymore. I ended up with the other dress that I had liked and they told me that I would lose the deposit. The other option is for me to buy both dresses and try to sell the Maggie dress. The problem is that I’m fairly petite (size 0) and I don’t know how likely I would be able to sell it.
Should I just lose the deposit or try to sell it??
I’m so mad at myself for not trying harder to change it the first time I went back but I felt so pressured and frustrated that I just didn’t want to deal with it. And plus, I felt bad for being that crazy, indecisive bride. I’m definitely so much happier with this dress I got today but I still need to figure what I’m going to do with other one. I just wish I had made the rigth decision in the first place. 🙁
I dont know…any thoughts?