(Closed) Q & A with Jillian Michaels – ask your question here!

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
3098 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2009

Holy cow, that’s awesome! I’m so excited that I can’t even think of a question right at this moment!! I have a major girl crush on Jillian!! Eeeep!! 🙂

Post # 4
2404 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

should you do the 30 day shred in 30 consecutive days or take days off?

(this is awesome btw .. love jillian! Kiss)

Post # 5
4024 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I want to know if you should do the 30 day shred in 30 consecutive days also. I have heard that you should rest muscle groups a day inbetween.

Post # 6
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

Um, I don’t have any questions, but that’s freaking awesome! Can’t wait to read it!

Post # 7
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

What are the best foods to eat before and after a workout?

Post # 8
3226 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

wow…is this an interview for weddingbee? How did you get an interview with her?

Post # 9
1205 posts
Bumble bee

Can you do the 30 Day Shred month after month?  How long should you rest in between cycles?

Love Jillian!  She rocks!

Post # 10
169 posts
Blushing bee

what is your worst habit or a habit you want to stop?

I wanna know how I can get one workout with her yelling at me as I work out ha ha..My bf has a crush on her too.

Post # 11
815 posts
Busy bee

I do the 30 Day Shred every other day to give my muscles a breather.  I try to do some yoga and/or cardio but I feel like I might be doing too much or too little.  What’s the best way, in terms of scheduling, to do the Shred??

PS I looooove Jillian!!  

Post # 12
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Hi there,

My wedding is decebmer 18th so not that far away, for the past month I have been busting my butt with a personal trainer and cardio on the days I dont see her, and doing the medifast diet and sticking to it pretty well and drinking tons of water. The first two weeks I lost like 7lbs but since then my weight loss has completely stopped! There has to be something Im doing wrong, any advice???

Post # 13
7175 posts
Busy Beekeeper

This is SO great!

Here’s my question and some stats:

I’m 5’7″, 186, and 42% body fat, with a square shape (broad hips, undefined waist, and skinny lower legs).  

Ideally, I’d like to drop 40 pounds before my wedding date (in 11 months).  

Is a 1200 calorie intake appropriate?  (My best weight loss ratio is 60% carbs / 25% protein / 15% fat), and – what combination of exercise would be ideal and what kind of calorie burn should I shoot for each day?  ie: how many minutes cardio, how many minutes strength training, a day/week should my goal be?

I love the Shred – but it kills my knee joints after several days (even with good squat form!) so the longest I’ve done it is 10 days up through level 2.  I definitely saw some results.  Any tips for knee pain?

Post # 14
75 posts
Worker bee

As someone who races mountain bikes about nine months out of the year, I have a pretty decent training schedule during the season. As I’m approaching off-season training, I’d like to incorporate a little fun with doing 30 Day Shred. My concern/question is this: is 30 Day Shred something I can do in ADDITION to my planned “on the bike” workouts? Off season training consists of miles and more miles on the bike at low intensity. Should I be off the bike for the whole month in order to get full advantage of the program?

I guess this question could be for a lot of different girls – training for a marathon, triathlon, involved in soccer leagues, etc. 

How do you incorporate your program if you already have daily/weekly mandatory workouts/games?

Post # 15
3979 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

What is Jillian’s favorite calorie splurge/dessert/treat?

haha everyone has one…

Post # 16
576 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

That’s so awesome!!!

I guess my question is similar to those above, but a) is the 30 Day Shred meant to be done every day for 30 days, and b) is it meant to be a supplement to other workouts or meant to be used as the primary workout?

The topic ‘Q & A with Jillian Michaels – ask your question here!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors