(Closed) Question about shower & bachelorette thank you gifts

posted 9 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
18 posts
Newbee

What a kind and conscientious bride you are!  I’m sure it is because of this that people want to shower you with parties and kindness.   Etiquette would state that a proper thank you card should be sent out immediately after a party to thank the hostess for her time and generosity.  It is perfectly acceptable for a gift to follow later with a brief note.  If you haven’t the time to do both though, I’d opt for a thank you note now and then the gift can just come later on its own.  It will be off of your mind and you can breathe a little easier.  A heartfelt note written along the lines of the first paragraph that you wrote above, is a gift in and of itself.

Hope this helps.

Post # 4
999 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010 - Mr. P's Grandparents’ Ranch

I agree. you should send them the cards just so they know how much you appreciate their hard work, and maybe the gift can be a cute surprise for them cause they didn’t expect it

Post # 6
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018 - The Grand Old House, Grand Cayman

I agree with ekb830.  Send a note and tell them to look for a suprise in the mail sometime soon!

The topic ‘Question about shower & bachelorette thank you gifts’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors