- 3 years ago
I wanted to share my list of left-to-dos and a few questions in hope that you fellow bees could help me out, eitehr if you’re at a similar planning stage or better yet, if you’re already married and have some insight to share on what you would have added/done without/done differently. Thank you all in advance!
We’ve been pretty good about sticking to timelines and as much as I convinced myself that I would have gotten everything done in half the time if I did it solo (STILL THINK SO), my FI played a pretty big role in checking things off the list with me and he deserves credit for that considering he might be the mos practical dude ever and I’ve got feelings aboput everything so compromise was key here haha.
We have to buy liquor, finalize guestlist and do seating chart, collect our rings and get the marriage license.
Now my bazillion questions:
1) Basket of flip flops for dancing -yes/no? I’m very much on the fence with this idea. Our ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner reception are all at a vineyard. Dance floor is hardwood in middle of a clear tent in the vineyard.
2) Flowers for the gift/guestbook/cake table – should we get adiditonal floral arrangements?
3) Doing 10-top table for head table and 8-tops for the rest – would this look odd? Logistically, this would help no one n our immediate families be left off the head table. We’re having about 140-150 guests.
4) We are doing a candy buffet and making a donation in lieu of favors, but I don’t want to advertise the fact that we’re making the donation..it just doesn’t seem necessary. Thoughts?
5) Afterparty will be at a hotel bar from 10pm-2am. Evereyone will be buying their own drinks after our 5 hour open bar at the vineyard (beer, liquor and wine) and most people are staying the night at the hotel – should we get snacks for them? Any suggestions on what to get?
6) Rehearsal dinner dress – I have no clue what to wear and I have not found a dress I like (to be honest, I haven’t looked) – we’re doing the walk-through at the vineyard then going to an Italian restaurant. About 20 people. Help…I’m thinking something cocktail-dress-ish? Not too formal? White? Also, bridal shower dress – help!
7) My e-ring is a custom, so my wedding band is being made to match it. Which means the jeweler has both my rings and I won’t see them until the end of August. Do I need it for the bridal shower? Everyone who’s attending has seen it and I can’t think of why photos of it would be taken..but please correct me if I’m wrong
8) Fiance showing up at end of bridal shower – necessary/nice/preferred/a must? I’m not concerned either way anmd I told him I have no idea but I’m asking friends what the norm is. He just wants to know so he can plan his day 🙂 Does he show up a half hour before it ends to just say hello?
Anything else you ladies can think of that I may have left off? We’re about a month away from ours. Thank you all so much in advance!