Post # 1
I’m talking to a potential DJ today and wondering what kinds of questions I should ask her?
Post # 3
Here is a list of questions I found to ask. If you do a google search there is a lot of options but this is one of the best that I found!
- Will you personally be the DJ for our reception?
- If the answer is no: When can we meet the DJ who will work at my reception so I can see if I feel comfortable with that person/ see if we are on the same wavelength?
- If you are not talking to the disc jockey, also ask: If the disc jockey we want no longer works for your company when our wedding comes up, what will you do?
- If you are talking to the disc jockey that will work at your reception: Do you DJ full-time?
- What do you do the rest of the week?
- What kind of experience, background, and education do you have?
- Have you received any formal classroom training as a disc jockey?
- How long have you been a disc jockey, and how many weddings have you performed at?
- Have you handled events of my type and size before?
- What are the reasons you think we should hire you?
- Do you also Emcee the reception?
- How many consultations do you provide in your package prices?
- Do you provide an entertainment planner?
- Do you come to my home or business to go over the entertainment planner?
- Do you carry liability insurance?
- Are you a member of your local Chamber of Commerce or BBB?
- If in Canada, is your business registered with the Audio Video Licensing Agency Inc. (AVLA) to legally play re-recorded music?
- What time do you arrive to setup your equipment?
- Do you wear a suit and tie?
- How many songs do you have in your library?
- What format is your music in? (i.e. records, cassettes, CD)
- Do you provide cocktail/ dinner music?
- Do you provide a wireless microphone for speeches?
- Do you bring backup equipment with you?
- Are basic effects lighting included?
- Do you offer lighting and sound upgrades?
- How many people will cover the event?
- Is a deposit required? If so, how much?
- May I make partial payments?
- When is the final payment due?
- Is gratuity included in the price?
- If not, what is the percentage of the service charge?
- What percentage are the taxes?
- What is the overtime charge?
- Are there any additional charges not mentioned? (i.e. travel)
- Do you provide a written contract and guarantee?
- What are the refunds/cancellation terms?