Post # 1
I’m interviewing a photographer for the 1st time this weekend and I’m really excited about it. I already have the "what’s included in the cost" info but what are the other questions I should be asking?
Anything from general to specifics would be helpful. Is there anything you wished you had asked from your photographer before hiring them?
Post # 3
Here is a post from Miss Fondue that includes vendor worksheets. I’ve used them with so many vendors already. Also, check in the comments, she made a few more after some commenters requested them.
Post # 4
- Wedding: May 2010 - The Pierre Hotel
Here are some things I asked when meeting with photographers:
1. I asked to see a full album – I know this has been mentioned before, but this really provides a good way for you to see how they shoot all aspects of one wedding. A lot of sites only show the "best of" shots from multiple weddings, so it’s hard to get a clear picture of what one wedding would look like.
2. Balance between candids and posed? Are they open to doing more of one or the other? This is important to make sure that their vision is aligned with yours.
3. Black and white vs. color vs. sepia vs. effects?
4. Copy of all negatives with a right to print? My fiance and I were looking for this specifically; we’re planning on making our own albums at a later date.
5. What was the most challenging wedding he or she ever shot? I asked this question to see what they viewed as challenges and how they worked with the situation.
6. How long after the wedding can we expect to see our photographs?
Hope this helps! Good luck!
Post # 5
Thank you so much. Great questions and really good suggestions! I will add to my list. Great help!!