Post # 1
Just a few questions, hope you don’t mind:
1) What does BFP mean? i can’t find the explanation anywhere
2) what were your symptoms when you first came off the pill? I stopped taking mine on Monday and have been breaking out so much. is this normal? my skin used to be great before i ever went on the pill so not sure why this is happening…
3) are you nervous about going off the pill and conceiving? I am really scared – not sure if this means I am not ready as is there ever a “right time”? also terrified of the birth….
Post # 3
1. BFP = Big Fat Positive; as opposed to a BFN = Big Fat Negative.
2. There’s tons of threads on this. Feel free to search it for more detailed answers. But generally, yes. It’s normal because your hormonal balance is no longer what it was, and will need to re-regulate itself over the next few months.
3. I’m actually not worried at all about concieving (other than that it might not happen, or not happen easily) or birth really. I’m much more worried about having enough money to adequately provide everything a baby needs (although same as you – do we ever really have enough?) and the way it will affect my relationship with DH.
ETA: If you haven’t yet, I’d recommend looking at the “What to Expect TTC” sticky thread on the specific TTC board.
Post # 5
@material_girlxx: # 1 seems to have been answered; #2: i got off the pill more than a year ago and the only symptom I had and still have is my skin breaking out. Although, its better now, cause my dermatogist is giving me some acne treatment. It isnt medicine, as Im ttc so medicine is not recommended, I go every 2 or 3 weeks and this machines cleans my face…now I only break out when AF its about to show up, but I only get one or two volcanos (lol), as oppose to before the treatment my whole forehead was full of it;((( and #3: yes, I was nervous but in a good way, like i kept wondering and i still wonder how it would feel to have someone growing in me and the birth part scares me, too, but mostly cause i have a heart condition and that can cause complications.
Post # 6
I haven’t been off the pill yet, but I went off for one month a few years ago and had horrible breakout on my face and my period was heavy.
I will be going off at the end of summer/early fall to try to start having kids, and yes, I am scared. I am scared of giving blood and labor, but I am not afraid of “having kids”, if that makes sense. I think it is normal to be scared–and there is never a perfect time to have them. That’s what everyone I’ve asked has said and everyone on here says.
Good luck in ttc!
Post # 7
1. This has been answered but I’ll repeat. BFP = Big Fat Positive = positive pregnancy test
2. Terrible skin was my only issue after stopping the pill, but I expected it because my skin was bad before. My periods were actually shorter and lighter after stopping the pill, which I wouldn’t have expected.
3. I was nervous that it might take a while to conceive since I’m approaching 30, but I got pregnant on our second cycle trying (which was four months after stopping the pill; we didn’t TTC right away.) I also had a slight “OMG, what have I done?! Am I ready for this?” moment after getting my BFP. I think that’s fairly normal – there really is no “right time” to have a baby. I’m not particularly nervous about giving birth, but that may change as my due date approaches (less than 6 weeks to go!) 🙂
Post # 8
@iheartnerds: oooo 6 weeks to go!! how exciting!! I am sure it will all go well! 🙂 good luck!!
Post # 9