Post # 1
Okay so I’m trying to plan our day of timeline and had a few photography questions:
1) Should be include the ushers in all the photos or just the wedding party? I’d like to include them but I don’t want it to look off with more people on his side or everyone else as a couple then them on the outside
2) I’m thinking 30 mins for first look, then about an hour for wedding party pics. Is that good? We’re going to one location, then may do a few more pics back at church. It’ll be June and likely hot so I don’t want everyone outside too long, but we do have an air-conditioned trolley.
3) Did your photographers ride with you in the limos, etc? I need to check the capacity of our trolley but I’m assuming they would ride with us as well to the photo locations.
4) We’re going to do immediate family pics before the ceremony as well but want to be done before people get there. The ceremony is at 4, so I was thinking pics like 3:00-3:15/20ish?
Any other advice/tips welcome. thanks!
Post # 2
immediate family pictures may take more time to gather everyone.
don’t assume your photographers are joining you on the trolley – ASK THEM! i asked mine and they said they’d drive separately with my videographers – and one may join us to “get the vibe” lol.
i’m also doing 30 minutes for first look.
re ushers: there is no rule, you get to decide who you want in your pictures or not! i have a dear friend who isn’t a bridesmaid, but her husband is a groosman and we love them both dearly. i have asked if she will join us for pictures and she’s over the moon. do i care that she won’t be matchy with everyone? no, because i woulve a picture of her, husband, me and my FI 🙂 do whatever photos you want to have at the end of the day.
Post # 3
- Wedding: June 2014 - British Columbia
Here’s what we’re planning to do when we meet up with our pro photog over Easter break:
– provide a comprehensive list of combinations of family members/people you’d like in your formal portraits
– provide a clear timeline/expecations of things to happen — these will typically be included in your wedding photo contract
– your photographer will also have a better sense of time/flow/logistics of the day.
Post # 4
First look and photos with DH:
- 1 hour- our wedding facility had a bunch of different spots that were truly photo worthy so I wanted to make sure the DH and I took photos in all of these locations.
Wedding party photos:
- We took some of these photos before the first look (me with the girls and him with the boys) and then a bunch after (all of us together). I would say it was about 30 minutes to an hour for these photos
- We took these after the first look and before the group bridal party shots. This was about 1/2 hour (immediate family on both sides is tiny)
The ceremony and reception were in the same place so we did not have limos to deal with.
As for the ushers…. include them in a few photos……….