Post # 1
This is SO HARD! So, I know I’m in charge of the SIUP, but GOSH this week it is just so HARD to keep my yap shut! There are quite a few things that are making it very hard for me this week, so here’s a list.
1) Last weekend, Nerd went to his hometown go hang out with his best friend who came into town. I had asked if I could go as well and he declined saying that he wanted to talk to his BFF about “certain things”. I know that ‘certain things’ meant talking about the next step and engagement. So he came back and I’ve been trying my hardest to NOT ask him about what exactly they talked about. It is very VERY hard!
2) When I was at a party over the weekend at my cousin’s house, she was asking if I was going to be getting a ring soon and wanted to start talking about how she wants to help me plan out my wedding. I know she’s being helpful but no one in my family has said anything lately so it makes me excited/nervous/anxious because I don’t know if she knows something I don’t?!
3) We got a STD in the mail from another one of Nerd’s good friend. Nerd is actually going to be IN the wedding for that friend. They have really COOL Save-The-Date Cards – they are magnets! So that’s now on the fridge along with stuff from ANOTHER wedding coming up soon! UGH!
4) Yet another set of mutual friends is engaged and the girl, who is a very close friend of mine is running into planning issues with her mom so I am trying to help her out with that, which makes me want to wedding vomit when I see Nerd.
5) On Sunday, there is a jewelry event at our local jewelry store that we will almost certainly get the ring from and so the anticipation of that event happening is making me bounce out of my seat and obsess over trying to pick a setting/type of ring so that if I see *the ring*, I will know.
I know I can do it, but it is just one of those weeks where I can NOT not talk about it! So I’ve sent e-ring pictures to my eldest sister and mom because I just need to talk about wedding SOMETHING! It’s driving me CRAZY! And it’s only WEDNESDAY! GAH!!!!!
Anyone else having a hard week? *deep breaths*
Post # 3
Hey, it sounds hard to stay shut up, but it all sounds GREAT! I’m so happy for you that it’s definitely on the way!
Post # 4
@laughs: Thanks! I just hope it’s not him leading me on.
And I was talking to a friend earlier and she stated “I can’t believe he hasn’t done it yet.” Kill me now! Ugh!
Post # 5
I have problems with wedding vomit sometimes. I just get quieter in general- If I don’t say anything I can’t say anything about weddings! Talk to a trusted girlfriend or chat on the bee if you NEED to talk about wedding stuff. Good luck!
Post # 6
Thats what the bee is for, talk on here and keep schtum at home thats what i have to do.
@HeartsandSparkles: i get that way too. OH has been pestering me all week because ive been quiet as a mouse but ive got serious ring envy and wedding brain so i cant not talk weddings so im being silent on all pages haha.
its hard work but hopefully you will get your proposal soon!!
Post # 7
@HeartsandSparkles: Haha yeah, I’m learning that’s what I need to do!
@sapphirecupcake: Yeah, thanks! It is hard but I’m doing it, jsut frustrating. lol
Post # 8
@Booknerd: good for you! it sounds like stuff is really coming together as far as him getting the ring and starting to plan popping the Q 🙂
*sigh* I am ALWAYS having a hard waiting week. I’ll have 3 days of saying not a damn thing and then cant help myself and try fishing around about the topic to SO…and he takes the bait and says something cute that ruins the rest of my SIUP week. Case in point: I was doing my day 4/cant-help-myself fishing while we were watching tv the other day and i said “so…been thinking about getting engaged at all?” He says “Not today…but yesterday when you called work and they told me you were on the phone, i imagined what it’ll be like when they say ‘your *wife* called’. It made me smile.”
Well shit. Then I get wedding word vomit and start yanking out all my wedding magazines and planning notebooks and proceed to be what i’m sure is painfully obnoxious until I make a new pact to be quiet.
So yeah. I feel ya.
Post # 9
@badabing88: Ahahahaha! I WISH Nerd would say that! I think about that ALL the time! I’m like, I can’t WAIT until people refer to me as your fiance or wife!