Real brides with allure 8968

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Hello Yara!

I fell in love with this dress when I first tried it on! I bought it in May and we’re getting married next August. Surprisingly, I did not like this dress as much on the model on the Allure website. Here are some other photos with a different model – the dress looks a little more “real”. I hope this helps!

http://ruffledblog.com/galleries/spring-wedding-flower-trends/

Also, what country are you from? 

Rachel

Post # 5
5 posts
Newbee

@Yara23:  No problem! I actually was seriously considering buying online. I think as long as you know a ballgown silhouette looks good on you, you shouldn’t have a problem!

For me, I had initially gone into wedding dress shopping with the idea that I wanted a sheath gown something like Jenny Packham’s willow (left):

Of course, when I tried on sheaths, I found they looked terrible on me and found instead that ballgowns and a-lines made me look very hour-glass. 

bhldn.com also has a lot of dresses online. If you like the lace top and tulle bottom, I recommend the Onyx gown http://www.bhldn.com/shop-the-bride-wedding-dresses/onyx-gown/productoptionids/fbcaeb8b-b90b-4e9a-9313-32da085940dd – I love the back on it!

All that being said, Allure 8968 was the way I went, and I adore it. I’d like to know what dress you choose in the end!

Anyway, congratulations and happy shopping! 

Post # 7
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I just called nearly 30 bridal stores in the Washington DC area to see if they have Allure 8968 in store to try on. NO ONE has it. I’m not sure I’m willing to try on similar dresses and then cross my fingers and order 8968 without trying it on.

I’m looking everywhere! Anyone else have ideas?

Post # 9
13 posts
Newbee

You’re in a worse spot than I am. I’m going to start calling places in Philadelphia and NYC soon, since I’ll be driving past them to go to a wedding in a few weeks. Two places are having an Allure trunk show that weekend, so maybe I’ll get lucky.

If I get to try it on I’ll post a pic for you. Here’s hoping the dress is really as ‘wow’ as we think it is!

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee

@rachelpard:  

can you post a picture of yourself in the dress? (Or private message me) 

I’m thinking about purchasing a dress like this for my debutant and wanted to see it on a “real” person. 

Post # 11
13 posts
Newbee

So I’ve contacted every store near DC, Philly and NYC, and no store has it as a sample. I’m going to an Allure trunk show tomorrrow and they won’t have it. One store went so far as to put me in one dress that has a similar top, then put another ball gown over it to mimic the bottom. I think I’m just going to get it and alter whatever isn’t right. It’s better than the opposite.

Post # 12
5 posts
Newbee

@ThatgirlLiana:  I’m so sorry I have not replied to your post. I don’t actually have a photo of myself in the dress. The boutique where I bought it did not initially let us take photos and when I decided to get the dress, only then did I ask if it was okay and at that point I was in my street clothes again and my mother and sister were ready to leave.

This probably doesn’t help at all, but here is a photo of the actual dress with me beside it (I’m cut out of this one).

I’m going for my first fitting in the next 2 months and I will be sure to take photos then! I’ll upload them here so you can see them.

Post # 13
13 posts
Newbee

@rachelpard:  Thanks for that photo! I ended up ordering 8968 back in November even though I never tried it on. I’m going to try to have it altered to add lace added to the bottom of the dress (like 9014) and possibly replace the waist sash with something that has a little sparkle (to make my dad happy – he likes a little bling.)

I did see another photo of the dress on Tradesy.com by someone reselling their dress:

http://www.tradesy.com/weddings/wedding-dresses/allure-8968-wedding-dress-545014#_=_

Hope this helps any future 8968 brides out there. I’ll be sure to post my photos after my wedding in June so people can see what it looks like.

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee

@deelirium:  Oh yay! I can’t wait to see your photos – the alterations sound lovely!

I am also considering adding a different sash. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors