(Closed) Reason #4,300,593 We Shouldn’t Have Gone to Helzberg…

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
3265 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

Holy crap. Now this too? So glad we’re not going to Helzberg. I have a free pair of earrings from there that I was randomly sent a coupon for but that’s the only business they’ll be getting from me. Sorry there have been so many problems with your rings 🙁

Post # 5
2118 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Ugghh, I’m sorry that you have had to go through all of this… Have you considered maybe just selling the ring back and purchasing another ring somewhere else?

Post # 7
3265 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@Mrs.Darling:  Exactly, it’s not just one ring that was poorly made and keeps falling apart, but TWO of them. That’s beyond coincidental.

Post # 10
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Bah sorry you’re having so much trouble! I’d probably be at my wits end with it and doing like a PP said and try selling it back and taking my business elsewhere!

Post # 11
3227 posts
Sugar bee

@Mrs.Darling:  I’m sorry you have had to go through this. My original engagement ring was from Helzberg and honestly the quality was terrible. I ended up hating my ring even though I chose it and the people in the location where I was going were snobbish and very opionated. In the end I don’t have it anymore and glad I don’t have to deal with a chain jewelry store. There is not much they will do for you either. Too bad you can’t get your money back and start over.Frown

Post # 12
5288 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2010

I get so frustrated for people who have such issues with their rings. It becomes time-wasting, money-wasting, and really trying when you are dealing with something that is usually for people symbolic of something important to them.

I totally agree with you on going to a jeweler – and one with a talented bench who cares about quality and their final product – over a chain store. Not to say all jewelery stores have poor quality – and I have certainly seen some quality rings even from places like Costco – but I personally at least want someone who is going to stand behind their product.

Personally, I have had very good experiences buying online (and my current rings are so low maintenance there is not much to do or that can go wrong with them), but I also still like to have a local bench jeweler I trust who can repair or replace things for me within a day or a few days rather than send things off for weeks (or months! yikes!) on end. 

Post # 14
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Ugh. So sorry to hear all this. A friend of mine got hers from Helzberg. I don’t know if she’s ever had problems, but I do remember thinking that the ring didn’t look like great quality when she got it.

Note to self- tell SO to stay away from Helzberg!

Post # 15
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

Wow, that’s awful you’ve had to deal with this!

Post # 16
11172 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I am incredibly anti-Helzberg!

My aunt has had her ring maintained by them for over a decade, so much so that they have practically rebuilt her ring completely. A few months ago she took her ring in to have the head replaced and after getting it back she looked down to discover that the entire head DIAMOND AND ALL just fell off. It fell off!!!

When she called them to tell them what happened they claimed she must have endured some type of trama or injury and that it was smashed off. She went into the store showing them her perfectly intact hand and they still denied any responsibility despite having replaced the head of her ring less than 24 hours before.

My aunt is out of a diamond and they cannot afford to replace it right now. She is incredibly sad that after 27 years of marriage her diamond is now gone. 🙁

I will never give my business to a company that does not stand behind their work.

The topic ‘Reason #4,300,593 We Shouldn’t Have Gone to Helzberg…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors