Post # 1
Hi! I”m in the process of planning our honeymoon and I need some help. Has anyone worked with a travel agent (specifically for international travel) that you would recommend? We are hoping to go to Belize, but are open to any and all options. TIA!
Post # 3
When planning your honeymoon seek out a specialized honeymoon travel agent. They will be experts in their field and be able to give you the best recommendations since they work exclusively with couples honeymooning!
Post # 4
Ok that post was probably a bit biased. 🙂
Here’s some things to look for when considering a travel consultant:
- ask them why they are recommending a particular resort or destination. Is it because it fits with your personality and activity level? If they only recommend one resort chain, such as Sandals, then try someone else. There are some agencies that only push Sandals. It’s not a “one size fits all” resort chain. Your agent should take your activity level, tastes and budget into consideration.
- find out if they have personally been to the resort or destination that they are recommending within the last three years. Hotels change hands and get refurbished constantly. So if they haven’t been there in 10 years, they may not be operating with current information.
- what kind of travel insurance do they offer? will it cover the trip costs and medical expenses?
- if they only take cash, run! you should always pay with travel with a credit or debit card, as it offers the most protection.
- what kind of professional certifications do they carry?
- How long have they been in business?
- many agents have relationships that can result in better upgrades or amenities than what you can find online. Don’t be afraid to ask if there are any extras included in the package.
- Find out if they have a “no bump” policy. Online travelers are constantly getting bumped from the hotel they booked because of overbooking. Your agent should be able to ensure that you won’t get bumbed.
- Ask your other wedding vendors for recommendations. They may know someone in your area that can help.