Receiving buyers scam-im selling allure couture c170

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2529 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Italian Villa

@Principessa_muzza: How are you going about trying to sell your dress? I would avoid craigslist and similar sites. I think the knot’s website probably has a for sale board, and we do here, too (classifieds). If you stiuck to wedding websites, maybe you’ll have more luck. Of course, there is always Ebay, where people can pay with credit cards and you are basically guaranteed the funds.

Good luck!

Post # 5
2529 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Italian Villa

@Principessa_muzza:  I guess I am a little confused as to how these people are scamming you. Could you explain a bit more?

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee

Principessa_muzza:  Do you still have the dress? I’m a real person! 🙂

We actually new c170 size ten. But we need a size 6. A shame to get it altered. It will lose the shape…

Post # 6
42538 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Scammers will find you wherever you are selling something. Avoid at all costs anyone who gives some fishy story about not being readily able to be contacted- at sea; serbing abroad etc etc ; someone who wants to send you a cashier’s check for greater than the amount you are asking ( the check will be determined to be fake after you have already sent them a check for the overage amount);

Deal only with someone local who will meet you in a  public place.Do not let them into your home. Do not let them take the dress into the washroom at Macy’s to try it on. Always meet them with at least one other person and never let them be alone with your dress.

All of this is basic common sense, but too often people get excited for the sale and forget to be sensible.

To the OP: it sounds like you are on the ball. Keep checking people out and a legitimate buyer will find you. Failing that,you could donate the dress to a charity and get the tax deduction.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors