Recent (2013) Target Registry Experiences?

posted 3 years ago in Gifts and Registries
Post # 3
4441 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@BotticelliLove:  I got married January 2013 and our biggest problem with Target’s registry was when people went to the checkout with things they THOUGHT were on our registry but weren’t, instead of correcting them staff members just put these misc. items on our registry!  That might just be the particular store we were dealing with tho.

There were occasional issues with the webpage and being able to ad things to the registry but if I tried back a day or a few hours later it would work again. 

Plus they send me coupons pretty regularly now, 15% off anything to complete your registry after the wedding and $5 off $50 purchase in select departments.

Post # 4
550 posts
Busy bee

We had a tiny bit of trouble with a broken kiosk that wouldn’t accept our password at one of the stores, but their other kiosk worked just fine.

We had no other troubles at all. Our guests were pleased, too, and everything got to us in fine shape.

Post # 5
1140 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

well we just registered at target, but had no problems registering! Ill update if we have any issues with our oct wedding!

Post # 6
8706 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2012

I had a Target registry with zero problems.

Post # 8
2657 posts
Sugar bee

I went to a shower a few weeks ago where the bride had a Target registry.  I don’t think the bride had any issues with the registry and she definitely didn’t receive any duplicate items.  My issue as a guest was that the “find in store” feature wasn’t working for days so I didn’t know what would be in stock on the registry until I got to the store.  Not a huge deal, but I was kind of annoyed because I wanted to buy 1 item but it wasn’t available and I had to get something else (and it was too close to the shower to buy online).

Post # 9
3424 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I have a Target Registry for 2014. will let you guys know…

Post # 10
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I thought about registering at Target but chose BBB in the end. We might add Amazon and a honeymoon activties fund but I’m glad I’ve made my choices.

My brother and soon to be SIL are having issues with Target which made me change my mind.

Post # 11
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Very few problems. The biggest ones happened because they were re-coding their registry and, rather than doing it all offline and then checking the code, they did it bit by bit. I ended up with several items duplicated and not being able to remove one without removing both. Customer Service is unfortunately located in India and the guy was really nice but obviously did not understand the problem at all.

We’ve had a number of things purchased off the registry that have been marked as purchased just fine.

Post # 12
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I had a similar situation as @vorpalette but everything is good now. They made changes to their site and I find it more helpful and easier to get around now. I didn’t receive any duplicate gifts and only had one instance of something not coming off the registry, but that may have been because the guest got a newer version or something.

I still like Macy’s registry system a lot better, but Target has been fine enough.

Post # 13
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

As a guest, I love BBB because I get to wrap everything there for free.

Just my two cents. 😉

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I just had my shower and I also had them add a random mixer on there that a guest bought me instead of the one that was on there. I just removed the other and will return the gift mixer. Other than that I’ve been watching it quite a bit to make sure stuff isn’t clearanced out. I’ve been very happy with them!

Post # 15
3625 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@BotticelliLove:  I love Target. I shop there at least once a week. My clothes are from there, my furniture is from there, and my food is from there. Where better to register? Or so I thought. It has been horrible. I have gotten duplicates and triplicates of lots of gifts, which is annoying. None of the in-store purchases were taken off my registry.

I also moved and updated my address (and got presents to my new house). So I was very surprised when a couple large presents never showed up. Turned out the system reset to my old address and several presents were sent there. I only found this out after demanding to talk to a manager (so I could figure out who it was from to write the thank you note– it was a kitchen table and chairs) and then calling my old apartment building. Thank God they still kept them, but I had to rent a U-haul to retrieve everything.

I also hate a couple of features on the site– there is no “thank you card manager” to let me know who got what (so I can track down missing presents) and the layout is pretty horrible. Plus, you can only see 30 items on a page, so I found that many people were not clickling through to the second page.

I love Macy’s so much more. I am happy the majority of my stuff is through them and have had great customer service.

Post # 16
753 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2001

I am seriously hating Target registry right now.

My target wedding registry wont let me delete items. Fiance and I bought some household items we really needed recently that were on our registry. Now I am trying to delete them online for the past week and no matter how many times I try I never truly deletes them. So frustrating! Anyone else having problems with this?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors