- 7 years ago
- Wedding: June 2011
So I have been looking at reception halls for my June 2011 wedding and I am on a budget. My situation is that I am looking at two different reception halls at the moment and need some outside advice before I lose my mind going back and forth. Here is everything kind of broken down. (also my family will be paying for everything from the ceremony to the reception, FH family is not contributing anything). What would you do if it was your wedding reception???
Reception Hall A – La Sala Banquet Center, Rochester MI
– it fits in with my FH and my style (very contemporary)
– delicious food
– My first choice
– Professional lighting included
– includes everything except chair cover and centerpieces
– about $1000 over budget (but I would be able to get that within the year)
– about an hour away from the majority of guests
– to not go WAY over budget we would have to cut about 40 people from the guest list (leaving us about 120 people).
– FH thinks it is expensive
Reception Hall 2 – Stonegate Banquet Center, davison MI
– Everything is included except chair covers and centerpieces
– the inside of the banquet hall is pretty
– We could afford to invite more people
– FH’s favorite
– Outside is not pretty (in the same parking lot as a liquor store and nail salon) the picture of the place on the website looks A LOT better than in person.
– No places for pictures outside
– I feel like we would be settling