(Closed) Reception menu help!! Chinese/Mexican bride & groom!

posted 6 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
2820 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Are you looking for a caterer for the Cabo wedding, or for the local reception?

For the local reception, I would say probably order in Chinese food & hire a Mexican-American fusion caterer. OR, hire an Asian-American fusion caterer (probably more common) & order in Mexican.

For the wedding, I’m not sure what kind of caterers you would have there to choose from, so I dunno if I can help you.

Post # 5
6 posts
  • Wedding: July 2011

For my reception, I started with an Indian caterer (I’m Indian/American and my husband is Mexican/Black) and while the caterer wasn’t thrilled about the idea, he worked with me to develop a “flow” to the food.  He talked me out of my original triple-fusion idea and into just Indian-Mexican.  We decided to treat birria like another curry dish (to have with Indian rice and naan) and had tamales as a side dish.  It was delicious.

Another tactic is to split courses, perhaps Mexican appetizers and dessert (tres leches cake!) and Chinese entrees.

Either way, start talking to caterers!  They are creative problem-solvers who love food 🙂

Good luck!  I’m sure it will be amazing.

The topic ‘Reception menu help!! Chinese/Mexican bride & groom!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors