(Closed) Reception Site Help – Northern NJ/NYC – nontraditional & not too expensive

posted 8 years ago in New Jersey – North Central New Jersey
Post # 3
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

If you’re scared away by the price of those places you listed, Grounds for Sculpture is not a great place to look – it’s super beautiful and cool, but is also really expensive.

Here are some suggestions:

The Inn at Fernbrook in Chesterfield Township – this may be a little too south for you, but I went to a wedding there in October, and it’s like a fairy tale.

The Madison Hotel in Morristown – they have a beautiful conservatory room you can use for the ceremony and the reception, so you don’t have to worry about rain (if that’s an issue), and the maitr’d is super nice there.

Have you looked in Tarrytown, NY at all?  I’m getting married at the Tarrytown House, and there are a lot of other beautiful venues there, too.  It is on the expensive side, but it’s less than an hour from NYC and worth checking out, too.

The Tides Estate in North Haledon

Mountain Lakes House in Princeton

Highlawn Pavilion in West Orange

Chauncy Conference Center in Princeton (SO beautiful.. it’s like this little hidden place a bit off the beaten track in Princeton.  Definetly worth taking a look at.  I had a bride there who booked her wedding without seeing it, and then couldn’t get over how cool it was)

I’m a wedding officiant, and those have been some of the places that I went to that really took my breath away (combined with some of my own wedding research).  I hope this helps!

Post # 4
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

Have you looked at McLoone’s Supper Club in Asbury?  It’s a fun space.  McLoones has several locations, but I think the Supper Club is the most swanky/non-traditional venue that they have. They rent out the 2nd floor & also have beach ceremonies if you’re so inclined. 

As for committing to a venue, I think that when you find the right one, you’ll just know.  You’ll be able to walk in and envision yourself celebrating there, and you’ll want to snag it before someone else does!  🙂 

Good luck!

Post # 5
238 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I’m getting married at the Garrison in Garrison, NY.  You might also want to check out the Whitby Castle at the Rye Golf Club.  Good luck!

Post # 6
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

We’re getting married at Snug Harbor at the staten island botanical gardens.  Its a beautiful (huge!) space that feels like a cross between an old gentlemen’s club and a library.  We really wanted something other than a ballroom and this was perfect for us.  And very reasonably prices – about $110/pp for a full 5 hour reception with an open bar.

Bubby’s is a great spot – but there’s very little parking nearby and the prices quickly went up to about $150/head for a seated dinner with an open bar. 

The topic ‘Reception Site Help – Northern NJ/NYC – nontraditional & not too expensive’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors