Recommendation for a nice Do it yourself album for $100 ?

posted 3 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 2
8910 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

There are some great reviews on this site for Artisan State albums.  They seem super pro-looking and quite affordable.

Post # 3
588 posts
Busy bee

Amanda_B:  I did mine by waiting for a Groupon for a photobook. I saved a ton of money and got a nice looking album.

Post # 4
666 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I did a really nice big album from Costco.  Hundreds of photos, something like 62 pages, and it was only about $60.  I also did a smaller one as well that was about 20 pages for about $20-25.

The tool on the website was great for designing the albums and they turned out really nice.  Paper was great, covers very nice, felt like good quality (only downside was they weren’t lay-flat, but they do open quite nicely and will go almost flat).  Took only about a week to get them back. 

Post # 5
10748 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2014

Another vote for Artisan State, they’re awesome and look like much more expensive albums than what you pay. 

Post # 6
1234 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I did a lay flat photo book for our wedding guest book. It turned out amazing. It was about $80 from Mixbook

Post # 7
13012 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I haven’t tried it yet either, but if I’d try Artisan Slate.  Their 5×7 20 page starts at $20.

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

Shutterfly has a coupon code for a free 8×8 20 page photobook. Or 29.99 off another book of your choice. The offer ends tomorrow 3/25 though. The code is STORYTIME. Last week the code ended for a 20 page 8×11 book. Thats the one I got. Only paid the $8 that was for shipping, and it will act as my guest sign in book as well! Score!

Post # 9
721 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2004

Commenting to follow. I’m wondering this myself.

Post # 10
6880 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - A castle!

Definitely check out shutterfly.com – they have a promo for their photo books going on right now; I think they are all 30% off. I’ve been working on mine and will hopefully finish it tonight or tomorrow!

Post # 11
1584 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Amanda_B:  I used Adoramapix, and would highly recommend. I did a 25 page layout with probably at least 60-75 photos, and it turned out fantastic. They specialize in the lay flat albums, which is nice.

Post # 12
3199 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

we are using artifact uprising. our photographer used them for her own album and recommended them to us. you can get a pretty expensive album from them for $100.

Post # 13
8910 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Rocky Mountains USA

Oh and someone else posted this on a different thread – you can get 30% off at Artisan State with the code “javier30”

Post # 14
6273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

my mom didn’t want to spend $400 to get the parents album from our photog.  so she spent $20 and made a great book from snapfish.  she also scrapbooks (non-digital) but she wanted a real book.  it looks great.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors