(Closed) Red & Orange?

posted 10 years ago in Themes
Post # 5
536 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018 - The Desmond Hotel in Malvern, PA

I think as long as you stay away from a true, bright, crayon kind of red, you’re fine…. I love the cranberry and orange inspiration board and I think it has warmth while still remaining refreshing and fun.  Go for it! 

Post # 6
180 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

i know sam’s club (where i’m contemplating getting my flowers from, but that’s another story) sells 80 stems of gerbera daisies that they call "hot colors" that’s red/orange/hot pink… i’ve always thought those colors looked great together! i’d stick to red as your main (dresses, etc.) color and add orange/pink ribbons, flowers, etc.

Post # 8
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2006

We used red and orange for our wedding colors, and were so happy with our choice.  We integrated our colors primarily via flowers and stationery items [invitations, programs, place cards].  You can see pictures in my wedding review at the following address:

http://members.bridalinsider.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23998&PN=1  

Post # 9
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

the knot has pics of the red & orange combo here:

http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/themes/slideshows/DetailView.aspx?type=10&MsdVisit=1&id=16287

http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/themes/slideshows/DetailView.aspx?id=16288&type=10&MsdVisit=1

http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/themes/slideshows/DetailView.aspx?id=16289&type=10&MsdVisit=1 

it’s a great combo i think, and that’s from a jewelry designer’s perspective too! 

good luck 

Post # 10
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2008

hey!

looks like everybody’s given you some great pics!

just wanted to chime in and say that I am considering the red and orange scheme myself for my Fall wedding. i plan to ground to 2 with chocolate. go with a richer red (garnet) and richer orange (burnt/spice) but it still pretty much breaks down to red and orange.

It will look HOT! dont worry.

Post # 11
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2018

My color scheme is orange too.  And in the beginning when I showed and told my mom- she gave me that same face too, and said "orange?"

I think its hard for some people to envision what we imagine.  Make a board like some of the ones suggested up there.  To show her there’s no circus coming to your town.  🙂 

Post # 12
388 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

I’m surprised to hear you haven’t had much luck finding examples of red & orange used at weddings.  The red & orange combo has been hot, hot, hot over the last couple of years.

Looks like there’s some really good examples mentioned above.  Also try searching the wedding magazine websites like brides.com.  I’ve seen that color combo so many times in magazines.

I thing red & orange would be beautiful to add some life, color & cheer into a wedding that’s supposed to be all about happiness, right?

Post # 13
153 posts
Blushing bee

Thats the color combo we are using too!  I went to meet wioth the florist last week and its all coming together really nicely!!!  My girls will be wearing a ‘cayenne’ colored dress and are holding mango calla lillies, we are putting red and orange petals down the aisle, and using it with our centerpieces too.  I think it looks very pretty and fun!

Post # 14
1238 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

YOu are not nuts!  I wanted red, orange, and hot pink — think baliwood!  My fiance’s father is from India and I thought bright sari’s would be beautiful.  However, my fiance is not proud of his Indian heritage and shot me down right away.  I think it is great that you love these colors.  You should see the lovely bouqets of Gerbera Daisies in red and orange. Lovely!

Post # 16
111 posts
Blushing bee

hi my colors are red and orange as well. im getting married in june so i want to stay away from the fall. i get looks ALL the time….but i know in the end its going to work. if you need any help, let me know!

The topic ‘Red & Orange?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors