(Closed) Red & Pruple – Photos & Ideas anyone?

posted 7 years ago in Themes
Post # 3
6572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2010

Red and Purple always work together

Post # 4
181 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

These are my colors too!  I’ve been using your bouquet photo as my inspiration for flowers, linens, etc.

Post # 6
2058 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

On of my closest girlfriends and her twin sister are wedding planners and they did this amazing photo shoot recently…Their colors were purples/red…Check it out here, they may have some great inspiration for ya Wink

Post # 7
2237 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

My colors too (well red, purple, and gold)!  Here’s my inspiration board (which actually needs to be updated)

Post # 9
194 posts
Blushing bee

Those are my colors to! I have a whole folder of bookmarked color palate stuff at home, I’m going to need to dig it out again for you!

http://www.abbyjiu.com/blog/2010/08/kentuck-knob-2/ (can’t upload pics from her page, but there is some awesome color combos.

Post # 10
433 posts
Helper bee

well you’ve already seen my pictures- but here’s a few different ones

IMG_6017.jpg picture by megadoomer32 (this red was a little too bright, but statice is a perfect purple filler flower, and it dries exactly how it looks fresh, so it’s a nice flower for a keepsake.)

IMG_6819.jpg picture by megadoomer32

IMG_6102-1.jpg picture by megadoomer32

(suits and ties from men’s warehouse)

Also- keep in mine that you don’t want to come off too “red hat ladies”- they do mostly purple with red accents, so I tried to do mostly red with just some purple

Post # 12
601 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Heinz Chapel Ceremony, Museum Reception

MandaMack, I knew that we had the same venue but I didn’t know we also had the same color scheme! I just had my wedding and it was all jewel tones, red, purple, raspberry pink, and gold. Keep an eye for my recaps and I will have all the pics!

Here are two of the inspiration boards I made for colors and flowers:

Post # 13
433 posts
Helper bee

You’ll run across these tissue paper flowers all over the wedding world. I first saw them on the martha wedding website under paper crafts, but heres a video and directions: http://familyfun.go.com/crafts/giant-tissue-paper-flowers-667712/

They look more lotus/dahlia like with pointed ends and more carnation like with rounded. I loved them so much, I wish I had made more.

(Target has packs of dark purple tissue paper, and Michaels had red, although it wasn’t very dark.) 

Post # 14
194 posts
Blushing bee

Yea I’ve been drawn to the dark dark cranberry red (the red hat lady red reads as holiday to me)  And adding some punches of cream and brown to make it more autumny.

Post # 16
786 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I am going to have these as my wedding colors too! I never thought I would love those two colors together but after looking at beautiful wedding pics I can’t help but to be drawn to it. I think the two of them are very elegant and classy together. 

The topic ‘Red & Pruple – Photos & Ideas anyone?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors