My baby is 1 month today and so far these are what we use pretty much daily, what he likes so far … I’ll list things my other kids loved too that baby is too young to appreciate yet.
1. Our swing. OMG I LOVE this swing. It is not a brand I am familiar with so not sure if regular stores like Babies r us would even carry it. It’s a travel size swing, has a toy bar wit soft plush toys (elephants and a tree) and PLUGS INTO THE WALL. I love that we don;t need batteries for this swing, which is a HUGE bonus. Baby likes his swing too… some days its the only place he will nap so I get a few hours of free time to clean and cook. The swing has 8 melodies and 5 swing speeds but for now, we use the lowest setting. It just swings back and forth but those are the kind of swings my other kids used too… and since I baby uses tis swing every single day, I am so happy it plugs in to save on batteries. I spent so much on batteries for my other kid’s swings.
2. Our bouncy seat. It’s a Fisher Price brand. It vibrates which baby likes BUT he doesn’t play in it yet or chill in it. He actually LOVES to sleep in it.
3. Our travel system. So far, I love this system. It’s Baby Trend expedition jogging stroller and carseat and base. It has the huge bicycle tires that is great for all terrain roads and it is super easy to manuever, it just feels so light. Plus I love the car seat. Baby loves his carseat too. Before we got the swing, when baby was a little fussy, dh would put him in the carseat and walk him around in the stroller and he’d instantly fall asleep.
4. Homedics travel sound spa. Baby loves the soothing music.. it calms him down and puts him to sleep. It also plays ocean, white noise and heartbeat. I Love it.
5. Some sort of sleep sack. I like mine.. it’s like a blanket sleeping bag. Baby doesn’t like his hands swaddled so this works perfectly. His hanads are free but he is nice and warm and can’t kick it off like he can wit other blankets.
Things baby is too young for that my other kids loved:
1. Baby toys… I have a Becca baby play mat set up for baby but he stares at the toys for like a minute or so and then is ready for me to pick him up. My other kids loved their playmats so when baby gets a little older, I know he will love his too. Also teethers (I have one you can put in the freezer). Keys, links, etc… and books (so far baby has 3 soft books that belonged to my other kids).
2. Activity center. We are searching for one right now but my other kids loved theirs so I am getting one for baby. I know the jumperoos are popular but I tend to lean more to the traditional exersaucers.
3. Baby Carrier. I have a Born brand that I have not opened yet but my other kids loved being carried so I am going to start carrying baby now that he is a month old… I get so much done around the house when I carry my kids because they loved being held but I could have both hands free to do stuff. Plus it’s how I traveled when I have to take public transit and can’t bring my stroller. I have and used the traditional front carriers… not much into the mobi or ergo or slings.
4. Bottle rack by Munchkin. I have yet to use it yet but I love having a place to set all baby’s bottles and sippy cups… I am still just breastfeeding so have not used bottles yet (except for the bottle that came with the breastpump when I pumped that one time.) I also have the Playtex drop in bottle with liners. I have heard great things about these bottle so I am excited to try them.
5. A stroller/carseat blanket. OMG such a must. Just a blanket that’s big enough to throw over the carseat. We put baby in his carseat in the house then throw our blanket over him to cover him up totally… when we go out it works by keeping strangers away and also by keeping the cold air out and keeping baby nice and warm.
I am sure i will add to this list once baby gets older and he is into more stuff.