Remove Stella York 5835 Boning

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016 - Highfield House, Stanley, Tasmania

@islandchloe:  It could be possible to replace the boning with less visible ones, but I don’t know the particular pattern of this gown

Post # 5
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016 - Highfield House, Stanley, Tasmania

@islandchloe:  I wouldn’t know because I haven’t seen how heavily lined and boned the bodice is. If it is rather heavily lined and stiff without the boning, it should be fine with straps 🙂

it is a very nice gown 🙂

Post # 6
5518 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: November 2012

I think removing the boning will definitely hurt the structure of the dress even if you add straps.

Post # 8
641 posts
Busy bee

Is it the shape of the boning that is visible, or the color/opacity of the boning against the white material?

Your mother is completely correct that it will buldge and fold without boning, particularly if it has a lace up back. Keeping the fabric smooth is why channels of rigid material were put in it.

Post # 9
7098 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I don’t think it would hold its shape as well, and would probably bunch at the back where the corset is pulled tight. Even if you did add straps, you do not want the full weight of a dress on your shoulders all night. I’m not sure the cost of the alterations would be worth the money you’re saving on a used dress. I’d keep looking.

Post # 10
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

You really don’t want to get rid of the boning, especially not on a form-fitting, corset-back dress!

It will definitely bunch.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors