Resolution: lose weight for 2013 wedding – MOTIVATION!

posted 2 years ago in Full Figured
2556 posts
Sugar bee

I’m in the same boat! I have slowly, yet steadily, been gaining weight since high school ended. I gained 15 lbs between high school and university and another 15 lbs after university. It is time to start losing! I am getting married in July and want to order my dressilyme dress in three months, so I am going to try my best to lose at least 15bs. I’m starting p90x on Wednesday, will be eating their healthy eating plan and going to start walking my dogs EVERY day instead of a few times a week.

I think my main problem is that I am great at living the healthy lifestyle… in fact, every time I have gained weight it has been 7lb gain, and then I plateau. The problem being that I only gain (I don’t really lose!).

I am going to keep myself motivated by picturing the dress I LOVE in my mind! I can’t wait to fit into a dress or two size smaller, look leaner, and not have so much “back flab”. Also, my FI is trying to lose some weight so I’m hoping he will help me stay on track and encourage me to eat healthy and exercise!

I can’t wait to see the progress you will make! Congrats on getting ready to do this and I’m sure lots of the bee’s wil be eagerly watching your progress!

2556 posts
Sugar bee

That’s great you have support from him! I think i tmakes it easier when both people are commiting to starting a healthy lifestyle, rather than one eating healthy and the other eating junk all the time :) I have fallen head over heels in love with this dress

And the back

It’s a retired dress by Sophia Tolli called “Siena” and is very unpopular haha! It’s hard to see in the pictures, but it has a champagne coloured ribbon running all throughout it. Problems with loving this dress are that I can’t find it anywhere in Ontario, Canada to try it on since it retired in August and was not a hot style, I can’t find it used ANYWHERE, and I am going to have to order it hoping it looks amazing from dressilyme. Here’s hoping. I’m getting married in an old, restored mill that is now an art gallery and very rustic. In fact you get married outside in these huge stone walls with window cut outs. I love the romantic feel of this, as well as the length and lines across the bust and down the stomach and across the back.

Now enough about the dream dress I guess! But yeah, that is my biggest motivation– to get into a smaller dress size so I look more like the model and less like a streched out photoshop of the model.

602 posts
Busy bee

I’m in the same boat, 2013 wedding and ~60# to lose. I need to get on board and stick with it. I’m terrified to try on dresses because I hate my body. I told myself that once I lose 30# I can go try on dresses. :) I’m subscribing to this and hoping it helps! 

2556 posts
Sugar bee

@Adams_bee: Thanks! I’ll keep updated if you do! :)

@bas0587: I hope you keep motivated and can’t wait to see the progress you will make! Have you also tried sparkpeople.com. I’ve used it over the years for nutrition, exercise tips, community forumn or all of the above! (And it’s free… hehehe)

89 posts
Worker bee

I’m in the same boat too! I scheduled by first dress shopping appointment for exactly 10 weeks from now in order to motivate myself to lose ~15 lbs before then. It’s going to take some hard work, but hopefully we can keep each other motivated! PM me if you need a virtual motivation partner!

Cool

2960 posts
Sugar bee

I am on a weight loss journey as well but I need to lose my 60 lbs by August. Eek! I know it is doable. My first step is weighing all the food I eat. Then getting out and exercising. I lost 70lbs in ten months five years ago without exercise so adding in exercise this time should help right? So far I am down ten pounds but my arms look worse then ever. Not good when wearing a strapless dress!

2960 posts
Sugar bee

@Adams_bee: Thanks I will keep you updated. My weight struggle comes from prednisone and eating wheat. If I stop eating wheat it tends to just fall off at a rate of 1-3 lbs a week. So I figure if I add exercise and don’t overeat or go crazy on the sugar I should be fine. I am going back on my doctor prescribed diet. Lots of protein, no wheat, certain foods in combination. I will try to post pics monthly.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.