(Closed) restaurant already booked for September 2013???

posted 6 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
2179 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

The place I wanted to have my RD was booked 14 months in advance.  It took us awhile to find a comparable pricepoint and location.

Post # 4
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

A friend of mine said that same thing when she started planning.  She was 14 months out!

Post # 5
297 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Same thing happened to us. We started looking at restaurants about 14 months out and they were already booked.

Post # 7
12833 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

If it’s an automated response, I would say it’s a mistake in the year.  If a person wrote it, maybe not so much?

I’ve never heard restaurants booking for RDs that early.  Weddings, yes…but not the RD.  My wedding is in March and we haven’t set a rehearsal time, or made any RD plans…

Post # 9
2183 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011 - Florida Aquarium

…I wasn’t even engaged for 14 months! I guess I’m alone, but yes! This is shocking to me.

Post # 10
903 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I promise I’m not trying to be annoying or anything, but since you are inquiring about availability this early, doesn’t it make sense that someone else might have as well? Maybe it’s a couple for whom the restaurant means a lot or something so they wanted to make sure they would get it. I don’t know… Anyway, I procrastinated and booked my RD about two months in advance so of course our first choice was taken! 🙂

Post # 11
2781 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Certain venues book up fast, while others may be slower to fill up. But I think a year is pretty typical for anything wedding related venues to be booked up. I wonder if there are any major events or conferences going on in the town of that restaurant at that time of year.

Post # 12
989 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We had a similar problem.  Ended up booking ours 10 months out.  It’s ridiculous!

Post # 13
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We ran into a lot of already booked from venues and restaurants when we started planning in the 12-14 month out timeframe.

What we found is that a lot of organizations tend to book restaurants/venues for a specific day of the week (i.e. 3rd Saturday of the month of September) for 3-5 years at a time.  We ran into more fundraisers/company events, etc, then we did competing weddings when looking for restaurants and venues.

Post # 14
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Apologies…double post…

Post # 15
1548 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

We booked our venue a month ago for that weekend, and one of the restaurants we looked at was already booked for every weekend in Sept! 

Post # 16
1663 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I think some places do book that early, and others you can totally book way closer to the event (like what the planning timelines say).

This is totally my nightmare– we have somewhere very specific in mind where we want to have the RD.  When we booked the reception venue (two months ago) and had a date we contacted the RD venue to ask about booking…. and were told that we couldn’t book until the 1-year mark.  I am basically sitting on my hands until then– one more month!

The topic ‘restaurant already booked for September 2013???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors