posted 3 years ago in Virginia – North Virginia
Post # 3
37 posts
  • Wedding: January 2014

Do you have a photographer yet? PM me my photographer works out of Richmond. I bet he could give some suggestions also.

Post # 5
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@futuredriven I’m a Richmond bee (ultimately getting married in petersburg) and I found that the best value venues were places like art galleries and cultural art centers. Many already have tables/chairs and allow you to bring in your own alcohol and choose whatever caterer you want. It just depends what kind of vibe your going for. Here are a couple of places I checked out:

Gallery5, Visual Art Center of Richmond, Art Works, The Manor House at Kings Charter, Robinson Theater, Glen Allen Cultural Arts Center.

Feel free to PM me I’ve looked all over the tri-cities area and I’m also on a 10k budget.

Post # 6
2649 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@futuredriven:  Check out:

The Mill at Fine Creek (Really beautiful location and they’ll work with your budget)

The Boathouse at Sunday Park (there’s also a Boathouse at Rockett’s Landing on the James you might want to check out)

And there’s another all inclusive place on the river that we checked out but I can’t remember the name.  Let me dig a little and I’ll get back with you. 

Post # 8
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@futuredriven:  i dont think main street station will fit 150 people for a sit down dinner, but its beautiful!

Post # 10
3 posts
  • Wedding: John Marshall Ballrooms

beautyofdreams:  just now seeing this post. have you had any luck? I’m getting married at the John marshall in January but I looked at a bunch of different places. I can tell you JM will be out of budget. I looked at Main Street but they have too many limitations but that might be able to be done within budget. I didn’t look at any hotels though. What about the Boathouse? Either location. Museum of Fine Arts is expensive and you only get one choice for food to serve your guests. And I didnt look at lewis ginter bc it wasn’t big enough for a winter wedding. Most vendors give discounts for off season weddings.

Post # 11
394 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

VMFA…ugh. Beautiful spaces, but not only do you get limited choices for food, but they don’t even give you a food tasting beforehand! Absolutely ridiculous. Also I found the event woman really pretentious and unpleasant (obviously we didn’t go with the VMFA…)

We’re getting married at the Virginia Center for Architecture in the Fan. BEAUTIFUL but EXPENSIVE (we’re blowing quite a large percentage of our budget on just the venue), but totally worth it I think 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors